End ...

be·gin·ning
ˈɡiniNG/
noun
1.
the point in time or space at which something starts.

Damien had helped me plan a way to bring my mother out here to see me, and the war between our packs had finally stopped upon the meeting of my father. Everything was nice, calming even, and I didn't want it to end. I was in a good mood around the people that I grew up with, even though it was a little unsettling. Damien was constantly on the phone talking to whomever was important enough at this time. I was only slightly annoyed at his rushed tone that would hush around me, I know that he's hiding something, but I'll let him keep it to himself for now. He was constantly checking on me to make sure that I didn't have any flash backs, since I was around people that would most certainly trigger one, and I was appreciative of that.
I twisted the ring on my finger admiring my loves gift to me. Marriage, I'll even have my father there to walk me down the isle, unless Damien decides to have an unconventional wedding. I do hope though that my father will have his chance in walking me.
I picked at the croissant I was eating while telling my aunt of how my time has been spent here, I tried to leave out as many lonely nights as I could, I wouldn't want her to believe that my mate didn't give me the love that I need, because he most certainly does.
After a while I was ready to leave the conversation as it was becoming very run on and repetitive. I excused myself to use the restroom and along the way I heard Damien speaking to someone in his office. His tone was rushed and hushed, so I could barely hear what was being said, but it sounded serious. Is this what he's been hiding from me? I thought that we were past this? I sighed pushing my ear to the door eavesdropping on the conversation. There was only one short piece of a sentence that I picked up clearly and that was, "dark first one".
I immediately traveled to the library to find information on this 'dark first one'. This creature must be very important if it's something that needs to be talked over in a hushed tone. There were so many books, I didn't know where to begin. I had two stacks high, deciding to start with the largest book, because it was likely that it held the most information in it.
It was an hour later, and I still couldn't find any information, I was becoming aggravated. Why wouldn't he just involve me on this matter. I am his mate! He shouldn't just dismiss me so easily. He walked in soon after I had gotten to the tenth book. He looked suspicious of the mile long stack of books sitting in front of me. "Is there a reason why you're in here my love?"
"No", I answered quickly without patience.
"You're lying", I smiled sinisterly, knowing that I now also had the power to tell when someone is lying.
"Is there a reason that you were in your office whispering frantically". He stilled looking into my eyes questionably.
"Yes there's a reason". I raised a brow gesturing for him to go on. "I can't tell you".
"Are you serious Damien, we are mates, we will soon be husbands, do you not trust me?" I was nervous of his response, I was afraid of the answer. What if he didn't trust me, then what would this relationship even be stabilized on?
"I do trust you, trust me I do, but this is different. I don't want you to get nervous-"
"I don't want to be sheltered", I clenched my teeth for a moment trying to calm my nerves. "Look I already am nervous, especially when you're whispering over something important. If you won't tell me then I'll just search this 'dark first one' by myself". He sighed and came to sit near me.
"I'll tell you eventually, just not now, right now you should enjoy your family. Just know that he's coming back".