PDX1

August 24th 2022
Dallas, Texas
3:20pm

After Amina's short lived vacation, it was now back to the grind. Plenty of girls needed fresh dos and Amina was gonna deliver. She was top 3 in the city, which meant her books were never empty. She had girls wanting to pay other with appointments double to try to get in her seat—and she couldn't blame them. Hair wasn't a cash grab for her, it was an art. She loved to watch her clients mood change once she spun them around to see their fresh install.

"You just slayed the fuck outta my hair and you don't wanna come out with me tonight?" Her long time client, Chalyn spoke. This wasn't the first time Chalyn hinted toward having her hairstylist come out with her. Amina didn't have many girl friends, her relationship with her former best friend was to blame for that. She always felt defensive around women because of the situation that happened between the two.

"You go out and look pretty for me." Amina lightly chuckled as she continued to toy with the bombshell curls she just gave Chalyn on her tape in install. Chalyn was a gorgeous girl. Smooth blemish free mahogany skin, slanted eyes, and a pair of full and naturally pouty lips. Every time she sat in Amina's chair she always got highlighted hair installed, which looked great on her skin tone.

"Amina." Chalyn kissed her teeth before pouting, "Clubs aren't my thing anyway." Amina truthfully reasoned.

"Well what about a lounge? I know you listen to Erykah Badu so we can even do a Jazz lounge." Chalyn replied, she dug into her purse and pulled out three crisp hundred dollar bills before handing them to Amina.

Amina chuckled, "If I go—how long do I have before you start harassing me to go out again?" She questioned as she stuck the money in her smock.

"A week tops." Chalyn giddily smiled, causing Amina to laugh. "We can go and we can go to the club of your choice." She gave in and had a change of heart once she remembered clubs had the best food. And she had an outfit she'd been putting off—so this was the perfect occasion.

Text me your address, I'm gonna get us a black truck for there and back." Chalyn spoke as she eyed herself in the mirror, she had Amina's number because she was a VIP client. Instead of booking through her booking site, she texted Amina to book her appointment. "Alright." Amina replied, removing the cape off of her, revealing her Von Dutch tank top and army green cargos.

"I'll see you tonight." Chalyn smiled, Amina lightly chuckled before replying, "See you tonight."

August 24th 2022
Dallas, Texas
8:30pm

Amina snapped a few pictures of herself in the full length mirror in her living room, she was a firm believer of looking good made you feel good. In the midst of taking a video for her story, she got a text that the black track was outside. She grabbed her clutch from her sofa and exited out of her luxury townhouse.

"You look gorgeous." Chalyn complimented as Amina hopped in the car, causing her to smile. "Thanks Doll—I can say the same about you too." She replied as she fastened her seatbelt.

"You smell good." Amina complimented her, she could pick up rose, powdery, and fresh notes. "Really? It's my first time wearing this and I was iffy about it." Chalyn replied. Amina nodded her head yes as a response.

"I ain't gone lie girl—I thought you was gone flake on me." Chalyn announced, Amina slightly chuckled. "Never, I'm a woman of my word." She replied, and meant it. They made conversation that lasted the duration of the car ride, before Amina knew it they made it to the club "The Garden" was its name. There was a first time for everything, and it was Amina's first time at this club. The line was damn near wrapped around the building. Girls dressed in their highest heel and tightest clothing pieces waiting on entry to the club.