PDX31

January 8th 2023
Dallas, Texas
3:24 pm

Amina turned around after locking the door to her townhouse, her head moved from left to right as she browsed the parking lot, searching for Chalyn's car. After a short beep, she noticed her friend's vehicle. A few steps later she approached the car and hopped in. "You look pretty." Chalyn enthusiastically announced. Amina could easily spot a change for the better in Chalyn's mood, which made her happy as well.

"That's all you." Amina replied as she fastened her seatbelt. The girls were heading to their much needed nail date, knowing them, they'd probably have lunch after too. "You look good—how you feeling?" Amina questioned as she put her attention on her friend. Chalyn was still sporting her same up half up half down, which put a lot of attention on the vvs diamonds that danced on her ears. She was dressed comfortably in a gray velour sweatsuit and a pair of low moon boots on her feet.

"I'm good." Chalyn assuringly nodded her head, "I'm really loving single Chalyn..its like I'm falling in love with myself all over again." She added, causing Amina to smile.

"Have the geriatric patient been messing with you?" Amina raised her eyebrow, gaining a laugh from Chalyn. "Girl no, I put his name in the freezer, so I doubt he'll be trying me anytime soon."

Amina raised her eyebrow in confusion, "His name in the freezer?" She questioned, Chalyn casually nodded her head yes. "When you submerge somebody's name in water and then freeze it, it stops them in their tracks and stops them from messing with you." Chalyn explained.

"Oh wow...I never knew that—it makes a lot of sense though." Amina replied as she rubbed a coat of lipgloss on her lips. Chalyn arrived a little earlier than expected, so Amina threw her lipgloss into her purse and hauled herself out the door with plans of putting her gloss on in the car.

"Yeah, my grandma taught it to me. She was real big on that kinda stuff when I was younger—she learned it from her mother when she was a little girl in New Orleans." Chalyn explained, Amina nodded her head. She was familiar with what hoodoo was, but never took interest in practicing.

"Well as long as it keeps his old ass away." Amina replied, Chalyn chuckled before letting out a yawn. "I barely got any sleep last night." She spoke.

"Why?" Amina questioned, she reached over into the cup holder and helped herself to the touchland hand sanitizer that was sitting there. She sprayed one of her hands before rubbing them together to distribute the sanitizing mist. "I've been watching this lil poly relationship on TikTok live—it's such a damn mess, but I'm so intrigued."

"I always scroll right past they ass, I've probably only watched a little bit of one live—the nigga is just so lame to me." Amina replied. "He is, it's funny to see the people they add eat they ass up though." Chalyn spoke as she snagged a parking space. Amina sat her purse on her shoulder before hopping out of the car, the girls walked side by side as they traveled into the nail shop, which was very empty. There was only 3 other customers and they were all getting pedicures. Amina's usual tech greeted her and instructed her to sit where her supplies were. Amina sat in the rolling chair and hung her purse on the purse hook that was attached to the table.

"Which one?" Chalyn questioned as she moved her phone closer to Amina, she had a collage of two nail sets. One were basic nude nails with nails gems grouped together in the shape of a flower, the other design was simple French tips with a baby pink base. "The first one." Amina answered. Chalyn always opted for frenchies, so she wanted her friend to step out the box.

"And did you choose where you're going for your birthday?" Amina questioned. She needed to know now before she opened her February books, and she also wanted to know since her birthday was so close to Rashad's. The thought of him quickly reminded her that they weren't speaking. She let out a slight sigh as her mood took a dip. Amina wondered if he was thinking about her as well, or was he balls deep in another bitch—making them cum on demand, the idea of that made her mouth fall into a deep scowl.