PDX22

December 16th 2022
Dallas, Texas
4:39 pm

"This one gives me Avril Lavigne vibes." Chalyn pointed out, she grabbed her wine glass off of Amina's abstract coffee table and took a sip before placing it back. The girls were a week late listening to Sza's new album, so they decided to listen together while Chalyn helped Amina glue down the feathers to the canvases.

"It does." Amina lightly chuckled, she pressed a dot of hot glue before sticking in the feather stem. She was sipping wine in her luxury townhome, listening to a good album, all while having good conversation with her friend. It was little moments like this that made her appreciate where she was in her life currently.

"Ouu." Amina exclaimed as she reached for the remote, "I like this one." She added, increasing the volume.

"Only like myself when I'm with you, nobody gets me, you do." Amina sang. The wine had her feeling like she was singing just like or even better than Sza. At this point with the help of Chalyn, she was more than 50% done. She estimated that they'd be finished by around 6, if that went as planned, Amina was gonna head to her suite and put the canvases on the designated wall.

"I feel like I can't resonate with the album—I like it, I'm just not at a place where I can relate." Chalyn announced. "Not even snooze?" Amina questioned.

"Oh, yeah, I like snooze—I like all of them really, the sad ones just aren't moving me." Chalyn spoke, "I'm being loved correctly." She added with a giddy smile taking over her face, causing Amina to lightly chuckle and smile as well.

"I know that's right." Amina replied, she took a quick break to analyze her work. She nodded her head in approval, happy that it was coming along how she planned. "This is so cute Mina—I'm ready to come get my hair done just to get my picture taken in front the feather wall." Chalyn spoke.

"Just let me know when you wanna come." Amina replied, jumping back into flying the feathers. "Can I come Thursday?" Chalyn questioned.

Amina pursed her lips together as she thought about it, "Yeah—that works out cause I got my crazy client coming and I need you there with me to lighten the mood." Amina spoke, Chalyn raised her eyebrow before laughing. "Crazy? I'm scared of grown hoes that be crazy—they don't be having shit to lose." Chalyn spoke.

Amina laughed, "Maybe crazy ain't the word, but her vibe is so off. I know you're super outgoing so hopefully you can help the vibe"

"What style you getting?" Amina questioned, just to have it in mind. "Buss down wig." Chalyn replied, causing Amina to lightly chuckle as she nodded her head.

"I forgot to ask you, how did breakfast with Melo go?" Chalyn questioned, Amina looked up at her friend to see her focused. "It was good—girl, I forgot to tell you!" Amina smacked her lips before grabbing her wine glass and finishing off the approximately one gulp. Chalyn's eyed eagerly widened, as her ears were ready to hear what Amina had to say.

"I was at his house just dry chillin, watching him play the game and Rashad called me—" Amina managed to get out before Chalyn cut her off, "Called you for what?" Chalyn questioned.

"Now that I think about it, I don't know—but girl, Melo's ass low key got upset as fuck. Started talking bout I need to let my hoes go and all kinda shit." Amina explained, Chalyn furrowed her eyebrows together before chuckling. "Let your hoes go? What kinda high school ass shit is that."

"Girl, I haven't even kissed this man. Rashad ain't on my roster but still—am I tweaking?" Amina questioned as she stopped and turned to Chalyn.

"No, especially if you haven't even kissed him. It's sounding a little possessive honestly." Chalyn chimed in. Amina honestly never wanted to treat anyone how Cain treated her, and having her phone ring while sitting in Cain's face made her feel bad, knowing how it felt to be on the other end of the situation. She didn't feel too bad though—her and Cain had history, she was only getting to know Melo. She wasn't expecting a standard that she wasn't living up to, him weighing his options right now was ideal.