PDX3

September 7th 2022
Dallas, Texas
12:45 pm

Just as said, Cain didn't leave in the name of "making sure Amina was okay." She didn't even bother to fight it, because she knew he was adamant about it. Although he was there, she still went to work and tended to her clients—nothing was gonna stop that. While she was work, Cain made his rounds around the city, catching up with the friends and family he left behind when he moved. He told Amina to tell him when her last client was so he could escort her home.

She pulled the loose money out of her smock and quickly counted it, she was grateful to be having a thousand dollar morning. A knock on the door of her suite, caused her to turn around.

Chalyn stood at the door with a smile on her face, Amina could tell she curled her hair herself because they were super loose and kinda straight at the ends, nonetheless—she still looked cute. Outfit, shoes, and bag ate as usual.  "How you feeling?" Chalyn questioned, "Better." Amina shrugged as she stuck the cash into a money pouch.

"Well." Chalyn spoke in a sing song voice, "Pumpkin gave me his card, so I wanna treat you to lunch." She explained.

Amina furrowed her brows together, "Who the fuck is pumpkin?" She questioned. Chalyn briefly laughed, "My man—come on bitch, let's go." She answered. Amina honestly didn't even know Chalyn had a man, she was always pressing her to go out so she assumed Chalyn was single.

"I got about 2 hours to spare, we can go." Amina replied as she removed her smock, she grabbed her purse and made sure to lock up before following Chalyn out the building. They decided that Amina would drive since she was the one that had the time limit, they also decided to have lunch at Nick and Sam's since it wasn't far from them.

"The Jazz club was so nice...are you ever gonna go back since..you know?" Chalyn questioned, breaking the silence. Amina definitely wanted to go back, being there did something therapeutic to her. She just wouldn't be getting drunk or going by herself anymore.

"I plan to, I'm just not sure when." Amina replied truthfully. She enjoyed the ambience, the poetry, and the music. "I'll go with you, I can even make sure Deuce keeps an eye out for us." Chalyn spoke, Amina half smiled at her efforts. Chalyn wasn't bad after all, she still didn't know too much about her but she still came off as cool people.

"I appreciate it—I'll let you know when I'll take you up on that offer." Amina replied. In little to no time the duo made it to the restaurant and decided to sit at the bar. Chalyn ordered a blueberry lemon drop and Amina ordered a regular sprite. Since they were at a steakhouse, Amina's sprite came in a small can that she had to pour over the ice herself. The girls sat in an awkward silence, truth of the matter is they didn't know each other well—or at all for that matter. Chalyn knew Amina the hairstylist and Amina knew Chalyn the client.

"You ever think about owning your own shop?" Chalyn asked, breaking the silence. Amina nodded her head yes, "All the time—I don't think it's in the cards for me right now though." She explained.

"Why not?" Chalyn questioned, Amina slightly shrugged. "I like my set up now, I don't see anyone for the day but my clients—the intimate suite setting is more of my liking." Amina explained.

"Makes sense, I know you're an introvert." Chalyn replied as she buttered the small piece of bread before taking an even smaller bite. Amina furrowed her eyebrows together, "What makes you figure I'm an introvert?" She questioned.

"Amina...." Chalyn trailed off, causing them to laugh. "I don't think I'm an introvert—I'm just selective with who I choose to be around." Amina spoke.

Chalyn nodded her head as she took a sip from her alcoholic beverage, "I can see that." She agreed. Momentarily, the waitress came back and took their orders. Amina went with their west Australian lobster tail with their garlic mashed potatoes. Chalyn went with their surf and turf with a side of broccolini. Amina ended up ordering a glass of white wine since she finished her sprite.