PDX7

September 30th 2022
Dallas, Texas
9:57 pm

Amina grabbed her phone before exiting her car, she draped the straps to her crossbody purse across her body before locking her vehicle and heading toward the entrance of Blue's. It was pretty early, which meant the crowd wasn't in yet, exactly what she needed. She swung the door open and scanned the room. Tonight's live jazz band was on the stage practicing, sending a light jazz melody through the room.

"Hey." Amina greeted, she grabbed Rashad's arm so he could slow down as he was walking past. "Have you seen a necklace around here? It's a gold heart locket necklace." She added.

"Yeah, I got it but I'm a lil busy right now. We fully open in—"

"I need that necklace! It was my mamas" Amina yelled, "I understand all that, but I ain't got it with me." Rashad replied.

"Where the fuck is it?" Amina snapped, "I don't know if you're aware but you don't steal people's belongings." She added, Rashad furrowed his eyebrows together as a look of annoyance flushed his face.

"Steal? Aye get the fuck out my face. Real shit, you find that bitch when you find it." He replied.

"No, you're gonna get me my shit." Amina argued as she inched her face closer to his as she leaned over the bar, making them now face to face. Looking directly into his eyes gave her goosebumps, her mother always said you could get a feel of someone's story by looking in their eyes and just as always—she was right.

"I'm not doing shit—Scarface." Rashad spoke before walking away. Amina didn't even realize he called her Scarface until moments after, she slightly bit down on her lip trying to hold back her laughter. She immediately put her poker face on before turning around to face him, he was standing at the end of the other side of the bar writing something on a note pad. He ripped off the next piece of paper and handed it to her.

"Put your number on here and I'll tell you the word on the necklace when I have time." He instructed, Amina ran her tongue over her top row of teeth before grabbing the pen next to the note pad and jotting down her number. "Thanks for nothing." She rolled her eyes as she walked away.

"Anytime." He sarcastically replied, Amina rolled her eyes once more as she shook her head in disbelief. She didn't know much about him, but she was learning that he lived up to all her assumptions. She pushed the door open and headed back to her car.

October 2nd 2022
Dallas, Texas
4:15 pm

Rashad grabbed his Dickie jacket from the back of his desk chair and slid on a wooden hanger, the sound of something dropping to the floor caught his attention. He grabbed the gold necklace and eyed it, he used his thumb to open the locket. Inside was a photo that was clearly over 20 years old, baby Amina's face was pressed against the side of a beautiful woman's face, they held great big smiles on their blemish free faces.

Rashad sighed as he closed the locket and went over to his dresser, he grabbed the yellow note paper and input the number written on it in his cell phone. He found himself dry walking around his room as he listened to the call back sound, waiting for Amina to pick up the phone. The more he eyed the necklace he found an engraving on the back that read "Adaya loves Amina" he realized the clasps was broken, which is what caused it to fall off her neck. Rashad walked over to his desk and grabbed a jewelry repair kit he had. The automated message system came on and he hung up the phone and began to repair the necklace. Since Amina didn't answer the phone, he decided to send her a text

Got the necklace. Lmk when you gone stop by and pick it up. Here's my address.

214-578-3101
I'm not coming to your house, I don't know you.