PDX11

November 6th 2022
Dallas, Texas
7:08 am

Rashad woke up to the sound of his phone ringing, he looked over at his silver digital clock and kissed his teeth before laying back down. He didn't understand people who woke up at the ass crack of dawn ready to talk. He wasn't one of those people and would never be. The call stopped and Rashad began to drift back to sleep—that was until the iPhone ringer sounded throughout his room again. He reached over to his nightstand and yanked his phone off the charger before answering it.

"What?" He spoke, not bothering to look at the caller ID. "You done fuckin that girl?" Isis' voice questioned, a light smile appeared on Rashad's face. It was 7 in Dallas, which meant it was 8 in New York. Isis was known to be an early bird, knowing her she probably woke up at 5. "I ain't get to, cause of yo ass." Rashad replied as he sat up in his king sized bed.

"I'm not stoppin shit, I'd never let a bitch in another piss me off that bad." Isis lightly chuckled, "Well, I called her man so let me chill." She added.

Rashad kissed his teeth, "You know I'm not that girl man—I thought you was gone be mad after that." He spoke.

"Be mad for what? I already know you down there being a smooch. I'd be a fool as if I thought you weren't, you not my nigga so I'm not sweating it." Isis replied as she toyed with a lighter. "I wasn't a smooch in Harlem, definitely not one in Dallas." Rashad combatted.

He pushed his feet into his slippers before making way to his bathroom that was connected to his bedroom, Rashad eyed himself after he cut on the light. He was in need of a retwist and line up. After analyzing himself for a few more seconds, he sat his phone on the counter and grabbed his therabreath mouthwash. He dropped a good amount in his mouth before swishing it around and spitting it into his sink. Next he grabbed his tooth brush before running it under the water, applying his toothpaste, and then running it under the water again before he began to brush his teeth.

"Where you going?" Isis questioned, "Hold on." Rashad instructed as he continued to brush his teeth. Once he was done he did one more round of mouth wash before spitting it out. "Imma run a few errands—see if I can squeeze in a retwist." He explained.

"Oh...the club open tonight?" Isis asked, Rashad could tell she was doing her hair from the sound of her brushing it before running her flat iron over it. "Club always open." Rashad spoke.

"I wanna come back...I love how slow the south is compared to up north." Isis spoke, Rashad lightly chuckled. Every northerner described the south as slow, New York specifically was very fast paced. Dallas natives always recognized that Rashad wasn't from there just by how fast they thought he spoke, personally he didn't think he was a fast talker—they just spoke slow.

"Maybe I'll come for Christmas." She announced, Rashad shook his head no as if he could see her. "Don't come here, cause I'm going there." He spoke.

"Who said I was coming to see you? I might wanna ride horses for Christmas or some shit." Isis replied, Rashad chuckled.

"Whatever nigga—I know where you better be when I land." He replied after he used a white face towel to put his face dry after washing it. He never had a super complex face washing routine, for as long as he could remember he used the same cetaphil face wash and corresponding moisturizer. His favorite term was "if ain't broke then don't fix it." Cetaphil was doing him right, so he never changed it.

"Where you going for thanksgiving?" Isis questioned, Rashad stepped into his closet and scanned around. "I'll probably stay here—keep the club open for niggas like me that don't have a family." He replied.

Isis laughed, "Nigga you do have a family." Rashad held his phone in one hand and used his free hand to slide the hangers over as he searched for todays ensemble.