PDX19

December 5th 2022
Dallas, Texas
7:38 pm

Amina sipped on her spiked egg nog as she slipped the ornaments onto the silver hooks and hung them on the tree, Destiny child's 8 days of Christmas played throughout her home, heightening her holiday cheer. Amina loved Christmas and all that came with it. The music, the festivities, and the mood that it put everyone in. She was like a big kid when it came to the holiday, she wrote out her Christmas list and personally handed it to Michelle and Travis. She already had in mind what she would be getting everyone in her small family. Maverick made it clear that he wanted V bucks and expensive ass shoes from Goat—and Amina already had both items ordered since she could never tell her baby no.

Amina stepped back from her tree to get a glimpse of her progress. The tree was decorated with gorgeous gold ornaments, garland, and ribbon was placed strategically throughout the tree. Amina grabbed her finishing touch, a large ribbon bow and placed it at the top of her tree in place of a star. She reached for her phone and snapped a picture of her hard work.

So far, there was only one gift under the tree. A box Rashad gave her and made her promise not to peek at until Christmas. Him making her promise made her even more inquisitive, she had to admit she shook the box around a few times to try to decipher what it was. Her closest guess was jewelry, she heard metal clashing together when the box moved.

Amina proudly eyed her tree as she finished off her drink, her legs were crossed over each other, making her feel like somebody's rich auntie. Once her drink was finished, she washed out the cup and headed into her bedroom. She didn't get to journal on the 1st, so she decided to do it now. Amina grabbed her journal and pink pen before laying across her bed. She flipped to the next clean page and started to write. This month, she increased her income goal. January was gonna be a slow month after the holiday rush, it always went like that. In January she could really only count on her regulars to schedule their appointments. It would pick up in February for Valentine's Day and the tax season. 

Amina periodically stopped and stretched out her hand to relieve any cramps, she wrote all the way to the bottom of course ending the entry with a note to her mother. After realizing she was in the house pretty early on a Friday, it made her want to go out. Her partner in crime was on vacation, so she couldn't call her and get into something. Amina realized she hadn't been to Blue's in a while and wanted to show her face.

Since her shower already took place, she slipped into an outfit—but nothing too crazy. Just a denim tennis skirt, a long sleeve mesh top, and her shark boots. Tonight's fragrance was Valentino born in roma. Amina's hair was black again but with 613 highlights—of course she had to include 613 somehow. She fit a few belongings into a small purse and headed out the door.

Amina arrived at Blue's in a timely manner, it was Friday so the seats were packed. She didn't mind, because she preferred the bar. A hand sat on her shoulder causing her to turn around, Rashad stood there grilling her from head to toe. He motioned for her to take his hand, he slightly spun her around in a 360 motion to analyze her fully before pulling her into an embrace.

"You good?" He whispered in her ear over the loud music, sending a chilling sensation down her back. His hand sat on her lower back in a calm manner, Amina pulled away from the hug and nodded her head yes. "You good then I'm good, let me know if you need anything, aight?" He spoke, showcasing his thick accent.

"Alright." Amina replied, once Rashad walked away he made way for Amina to get a direct view of a girl looking at her. Her face was full of rage as she sipped out of the short liquor glass. Her eyes narrowed at Amina before she rolled them and turned away—Weird, Amina thought to herself before snagging an empty seat at the bar.