PDX35

January 21st 2023
Dallas, Texas
1:13 pm

Amina eyed herself in the mirror as she grabbed each end of the white robe and securely tied them together, her eyes drifted to her face that she began to closely examine. For the most part, her scars from the accident were healed thanks to spf and azeliac acid. Currently, she only had one half of a scar that seemed like it wasn't budging. It didn't bother Amina though, while having the scars she learned that they didn't take away from her beauty—and now that she thought about it, once she realized that, it felt like they started to fade. She looked at her remaining scar as a memory of that night. While the situation was traumatic for her, it was oddly the night that seemed to spark everything for her and Rashad.

"You ready?" Chalyn asked as she came around the corner, tightening her robe. The girls had just arrived to their spa day at a well known Spa. They were given luxury robes and slippers to change into for their day stay at the establishment. "I'm ready." Amina replied as she grabbed her phone off of the counter top and followed her friend. Their first activity of the day was pedicures. Amina wasn't very picky about who did her feet, but she knew way before she arrived that they weren't touching her hands—she didn't play about her manicures.

"Sooo." Chalyn spoke in a sing song tone, causing Amina to look over at her. A smile immediately covered her face already knowing what Chalyn was about to bring up. The girls hadn't seen each other since that night, so it was on brand. "I'm not really surprised—I'm proud if anything." Chalyn announced.

Amina furrowed her eyebrows together, "Proud?" She questioned, Chalyn nodded her head yes. "Yes bitch, it was very obvious that y'all liked each other—I knew as soon as y'all started having those dry ass arguments." She explained, causing Amina to laugh as she moved a piece of hair behind her ear.

"You know the song Pink Matter by Frank Ocean?" Amina questioned, Chalyn nodded her head yes. Amina began to smile as she laid the back of her head on the pedicure chair. "That's how it feels...every time." Amina voiced.

"We should go to Blue's tonight." Chalyn suggested, "We should." Amina replied, it'd been a while since they'd went to the club together.

"When do you move into your new unit?" Amina questioned as she watched the pedicure tech go to work on her feet, she was a bit ticklish, so she was pursing her lips together attempting not to chuckle while receiving the massage. "Tomorrow! I hired some movers right after I got the key." Chalyn enthusiastically replied, which made Amina happy. Once Chalyn informed her building manager what was happening, they immediately suggested that she moved to a new unit.

"That's good." Amina nodded her head as she listened. If she was in her friend's shoes, she would move completely, but hey. Amina knew first hand it was easier to say what you'd do when you weren't actually in the opposite shoes. "She keep lifting up my leg, she gon' see some pussy." Chalyn mumbled, causing Amina to erupt into laughter.

Chalyn chuckled, "I'm serious—it's bald though, we good." She added. Amina never thought she'd be this close to a friend again, but she definitely appreciated Chalyn. Two peas in a pod were exactly what they were. "Mimi—imma buy you a salon when I get my settlement. " Chalyn announced. Amina knit her eyebrows together as she chuckled, she figured Cha was feeling those complimentary drinks that were being served to them. They could barely finish a drink before the staff was bringing them a brand new glass.

"You getting tipsy?"Amina chuckled as she reached for her drink and took a sip, Chalyn chuckled as well. "A little—but I'm serious MiMi, you deserve it." Chalyn endearingly replied, Amina playfully stuck her bottom lip out before smiling.

"Speaking of the settlement, how's that going?" Amina questioned. She loved that suing for revenge porn was a thing, trusting somebody enough to send them such a thing and then them negatively using it against you once you were at odds with them was disgusting to Amina. "Good, well—the first court date is next week, imma need me a good ole serious bob—you know bitch with a bob ain't nothing to play with." Chalyn explained.