PDX12

November 9th 2022
Miami, Florida
11:30 am

Amina squinted her eyes as she looked onto the view, despite the fact that it was fall, Miami was still hot as hell. Everyone was walking around in skimpy clothing to combat the heat. Amina and Chalyn briefly stepped onto the balcony of their suite so they could take turns snapping pictures for each other. After taking a plethora of pictures they headed toward their first stop of the day. In true tourist fashion, they wanted to eat at  the rapper Trick Daddy's restaurant called "Sunday Eatery."

The girls booked a Jeep wrangler on Turo to get them to and from while on their trip, since it was Amina's birthday trip, Chalyn decided she would do most of the driving. After they arrived at the restaurant, it seemed as if everybody had the same idea as them, the restaurant was super packed which meant they had to wait to even order their food.

The girls stood in the line while looking at the menu on Amina's phone, after going through many options Amina decided she was gonna get catfish—she was a sucker for a good piece of catfish. She wasn't too sure on her sides, but knew she'd have it figured out by the time they got to the front. Amina looked up from her phone to see she caught eyes with a man who was standing against the wall, he was handsome, but he was holding a child in his hands—Hell no.

The girls finally made their way to the front and placed their orders, they stood to the side once finished and waited for their number to be called. "Miami women know they bad." The boy she caught eyed with voiced. Amina looked over at him.

"I'm not from here." She announced, but quickly regretted it. You were never supposed to let people let know you weren't native when visiting another city. She'd already been pistol whipped and wasn't looked toward being in another situation like that. "Now that I think about it—you definitely from somewhere in Texas." He spoke.

Amina furrowed her eyebrows, "What makes you say that?"

"Your jewelry." He spoke, nodding his head toward Amina's many James Avery bracelets and rings, which was a big indicator that a girl was from Texas. "I'm from Dallas—Well Houston, I moved to Dallas last year." He added.

"I'm from Dallas too, born and raised." Amina spoke as she subtly eyed him, "That's your daughter?" Amina questioned before the conversation went any further, being with a man that had a child was something she absolutely couldn't do.

"Naw, this is my God baby—say hey Avi." He replied, lightly tapping her arm. She sent Amina a slight wave, her head remained on his chest as she eyed Amina. "She's gorgeous." Amina announced, she absolutely was. She had the chubbiest cheeks, her hair was a natural ginger color which stuck out to Amina.

"I'm Melo." He announced, extending his free hand to Amina to shake. "Amina." She replied, while shaking his hand.

"What brings you to Miami, Amina?" He questioned, "It's my birthday—Well, it was." She replied, he nodded his head. "What brings you to Miami?" Amina asked.

"Happy birthday, but me and her parents and a few people in our lil group stopping here first before we go to Trinidad." He spoke, Amina nodded her head. Soon the staff called out a number, he looked at his receipt before looking back at Amina.

"That's me—but I definitely wanna get up with you when we're both back in Dallas." He spoke, "I guess you gotta run into me again, if it's meant to be it'll happen." Amina briefly chuckled as she shrugged, Melo nodded his head as he chuckled as well.

"Well I'm trynna take matters into my own hands, you can give me your Instagram if you ain't comfortable with me having your number." He spoke as he fidgeted with his phone, soon he turned the phone toward Amina and the Instagram search page was the screen. She took the phone from him and typed in her personal Instagram before handing it back to him.