PDX38

February 6th 2023
Dallas, Texas
4:25 am

The moonlight hit Amina's body at a perfect angle, giving Rashad a perfect view of her in the dark room. Her mouth fell slightly ajar, allowing a snore to fall from between her lips. Sleeping Amina could closely be compared to an Angel. Most men would say they liked when their girl was sleep, because she was quiet, but Rashad didn't agree with that. He loved hearing Amina's voice, regardless of what she was talking about. So, when she was asleep, he found himself longing to hear her voice again.

Without warning, his phone began to ring. Rashad quickly reached over to retrieve the ringing phone from the nightstand. Seeing Lozada's contact name sent a sense of urgency through his body. He slid the bar to the right to answer the call before pushing the phone up to his ear, "What's the word?" He answered the phone.

"Rico Williams—you know him?" Lozada questioned, Rashad furrowed his eyebrows together, remembering that he was on his personal phone and not his burner. "What about him?" Rashad questioned back.

"There's a large amount of narcotics that was found that's for sure linked to him, right now they're only speculating that you're tied to it." Lozada explained, Rashad licked his plump lips as he sighed. "Well tell them niggas they got the wrong idea." Rashad replied.

"I'm already two steps ahead of you—it's handled, just do me one favor." Lo spoke, Rashad nodded his head as if Lo could see him. The feeling of Amina lightly tossing and turning made Rashad glance over at her. Out of respect, he carefully removed himself from the bed and walked out of the bedroom and into his upstairs home office. "What's that?" Rashad questioned as he sat in the office chair.

"Stop letting idiots work for you." Lo spoke, Rashad sighed as he shook his head. He hated that Rico made such of a rookie mistake, a big one at that. "Kid better be glad your his boss, or his ass woulda been dead meat." Lo added. Little did he know, Rico was dead meat regardless. He still had an outstanding balance with Rashad, and although Rashad wasn't going to kill him, as promised to Amina. He was still gonna get the rest of his money.

"And what about the niggas that was following me?" Rashad questioned. "I put them on paid leave and updated them on the protocol." Lozada spoke.

"I'm tellin you Lo—I'll wipe them niggas out and sit them in your office with a cup of coffee in their hands" Rashad spoke through his teeth with his accent on full blast. The sound of footsteps caused him to look up. In the door frame stood Amina, her arms were folded across her chest as her right eyebrow was slightly up in the air.

"I'll hit you later." Rashad quickly spoke before ending the call. "Why you up mama?" He questioned as he got up and inched closer to Amina.

"Who was that?" She questioned, completely disregarding his question. "It's nothing you gotta lose sleep over." Rashad answered as he kissed Amina's neck. Amina slightly pushed him back and looked up at him without saying a word.

"Yes?" Rashad questioned, "Why you on that phone talking like you lost your damn mind?" Amina questioned back. Although the situation wasn't funny, Rashad let out a small chuckle as he eyed her. It was crazy that nobody else had the audacity to talk to him how Amina did and nobody would get away with it how Amina did.

"Can we go lay back down mama? It's mad early." Rashad spoke, as a few more laughs escaped from his mouth. "I want a snack now." Amina spoke. She grabbed his hand and led him down the spiral staircase and into the kitchen. Rashad sat at the island and watched as Amina cut the light on and began to rummage through the kitchen. A few moments later she sat a oatmeal cream pie and a bottle of water on the island before sitting in the barstool next to Rashad.