PDX6

September 27th 2022
Dallas, Texas
6:54 am

Amina sipped on her iced coffee as she sat in her car, her first appointment of the day was at 7:30 so she figured she'd just eat her breakfast in her car. As autumn neared, the mornings got colder and colder. Amina didn't have her heat on though—she hated heat. It dried out her sinuses, which became an even more annoying thing for her.

Anyway, she was scheduled for a wash and style, the style in mind was her famous bombshell curls so she'd be having a pretty easy morning. Once Amina finished her breakfast sandwich she locked her car before heading inside. She singled out the key to her suite as she neared it. Once she was inside she cut on her lights and pulled back her curtains to let the natural sunlight in and started her playlist she had specifically for when she did hair. The playlist was full of R&B and Neo soul.

When she looked at the time again it was 7:15, she sat in her seat and scrolled through Twitter like it was the morning news. She mindlessly swung side to side while scrolling. A light knock on the door caught her attention, it was now 7:20 but she didn't mind her clients being early.

"GoodMorning." Amina smiled as she got up, "Morning." A familiar voice sounded, a scowl formed on her face as her eyes laid on Cain. She was so pissed her eye probably started twitching, Cain got on her nerves that bad.

"Why are you playing on my books Cain?" Amina questioned as she folded her arms, "Ain't nobody playing—I'm here to get my hair done." He replied as he sat in her chair.

"You ain't been answering so I figured you wanted to see me in person." He added, Amina grabbed her phone and went to her style seat app. Low and behold her appointment slot was scheduled under his name, but in her defense she never looked at the names.

"Cain—just go, it's really nothing to talk about." Amina sighed, Cain spun the chair around so that he was now facing her. "We do need to talk though—or can you at least hear me out?" He replied.

"Go ahead." She shrugged, he'd be wasting his breath because it was nothing that he could say or do that would change her feelings. "You're the one that chose not to be with me, I don't understand how you expect me to act like we're together when that's not the case. At the end of the day we're both single, it's not like I cheated on you Amina." He spoke.

Amina nodded her head as she chuckled, "You're so right, we're both single."

Cain knitted his thick eyebrows together, "Fuck do that mean? And why you saying it like that?"

"You not right about a lot of shit but you're right about that. Just take me out the rotation—and stop popping up on me, I hope you savored the last time you fucked me and the last time you sat your tongue on my pussy cause you'll never touch me again, have a nice life Cain." Amina fussed.

"So you just done with me? Off some shit that happened while we're not together." Cain questioned.

"Cain, why would I wanna be with you and you're showing your ass while we're not even together? What about that would make me wanna be with you?" Amina scrunched her face up and spoke in a "duh" tone.

"You pressing me like you ain't got a rotation either." Cain argued, "Them niggas never sent you no video of me on no lame shit and that's the difference—especially after I stayed at your house and played house for a week straight." Amina argued back.

"I wasn't playing—I love you Amina, but what sense does it make for me to put my life on pause cause you didn't want to be with me?" Cain spoke, Amina sighed as she ran her tongue over her top row of teeth. "That's not the point Cain! The point is the time between the events, and I never said I didn't want to be with you, I said I wasn't stopping my life and dreams to follow you to Miami!" Amina fussed.