2 - So That's Why

"Todoroki~", you skipped to the man who sat quietly,"you wanna pair up?Kiri ditched me and arcades are no fun by yourself."

Being dragged into hang outs in which their real purpose were cover-up dates for Midoriya and Uraraka was a lot more fun than expected; you couldn't understand why Todoroki chose to opt out of participating at games if he was the one who agreed to come.

Todoroki turned to you. You noticed he wasn't as stiff as he usually was when regarding others,"I'm here for support. I've never been to a place like this so I wasn't planning on actually joining."

"You realize how dumb that is, right?If you've never played been to an arcade it's more of a reason for you to try it. Pretty please? If not for yourself, then for the sake of helping out a future friend?", you giggled. 

Todoroki stood up after a bit of debating, though you were unsure what. You grinned.

"Awesome!You won't regret this. I promise you you'll love this place. Let's see...", you hummed in thought as you scanned all the options before you,"what's the best way to warm you up?"

Todoroki took the initiative,"Ball toss."

You looked up at him in surprise. The question was more for yourself but apparently getting him interested in one of the games was a lot easier than you thought. You tilted you head,"You wanna do the ball toss?"

Todoroki nodded,"Everyone else started with it. It looks entertaining."

Aw. He wants to play it after watching everyone else do it.

"Ball toss it is. Follow me", there was no point in saying that when you latched onto the sleeve of his shirt and dragged him behind you, though it wasn't as much 'dragging' as trying to stay ahead of him. His legs were much longer than yours after all. You swiped your card on the game to make the targets start moving and began to give it your best.

You were on fire. Your heightened instincts had taken over immediately. Ball after ball, you knocked over every target but the top three. You furrowed at the realization that they wouldn't budge no matter how accurate your hits were.

"What the hell?", you groaned. There were only fifteen seconds left to the game and you were starting to lose hope. The weight of the ball on your hand left you and you looked over.

The ball flew past you at an amazing speed. You barely registered a cracking sound at the end of the game, gasping when you saw the middle top target broken in pieces, yet the bottom part staying intact and glued to its spot.

"Oh my god, Todoroki, you broke it", you shook his arm in disbelief as you stared at the shattered target. Todoroki looked down at you.

"It was rigged. They can't blame me, I was playing the game. I wanted to see whether I could get one you couldn't."

"Yes but-", you paused and looked up at him with a lighthearted glare,"Is this about the whole you seeing me as a threat thing?"

"It's not", Todoroki shook his head,"I was being competitive. That's what people do here, isn't it?Why it's better to play in pairs?"

"Oh", you were surprised. Despite how indifferent he looked to going along with your request, he was actually committing. He wasn't half-assing anything. You smiled,"Yup!You're a quick learner!Come on, we should try another game before anyone notices what you did."

You dragged the clueless boy everywhere as you tried to locate the next game, perking up at one specifically,"Ooh~Todoroki, have you ever played whack-a-mole?"

He stared at you in silence and you flinched in embarrassment,"Right, you haven't done this before. It's really easy", you explained as you grabbed onto the cushioned hammer,"Little plastic moles are gonna pop out for a brief second and you have to hit them before they go away. The trick is you never know which hole they'll come out of. Wanna try it first?"