Flashback - A Grudge's Origin

You felt the pump of adrenaline through your veins more than that of your own heart. There was so much burning - nothing but a murderous blue fire stretching its distance much faster than it should be. It could be endless if you didn't do anything about it. 

You knew the reprecussions for leaving your classmates without a heads up would be many, but what was the point in staying if you weren't even allowed to engage unless it was in self-defense? There weren't any villains in your area.

Everyone was so focused on the villains' invasion anyway that they wouldn't acknowledge the other crisis right in front of them: a forming wildfire too powerful to be normal. 

You could feel the incineration of every plant; not the pain, but the rate in which they were being turned to ashes, which as horrible as it was to feel, at least gave you an idea of where to find the origin of the very first burnt plant. It was the direction you were running to. 

The sting on your skin as you ran between all the blazing flames had to be ignored. Thankfully, your quirk also let you feel what areas had been the least affected, which you used to take the safest route.

The flames definitely had something to do with a quirk; red fire itself was hot but blue flames added over a thousand degrees of heat that didn't stay so easily. You could predict that the consistency had to be the quirk's component.

So when you got to the place you knew the wildfire started, you were appalled to see how absolutely desolate it was. There were no traces of grass, no traces of trees--even the soil itself had hardened to a rock-state from the heat. The place was also desolate of the person responsible of all this.

Which is why you were caught so off guard when you heard a low chuckle eerily close behind you.

"I was about to kill whoever found the real me until I saw your outfit. Are they letting anyone be a hero now?It would explain a lot."

You stiffened up and instinctually moved forward to create a distance but a rough grasp to your hair pulled you right back and onto the floor, forcing you to look up at the man who towered over you. Your heart froze at the sight. The man's skin looked burnt raw from the line of his mouth downwards, the only thing holding it to the remaining healthy skin being staples. It was the same under his turquoise eyes. It horrified you. 

Not once had you come face to face with an actual villain; even at the USJ invasion, you'd been stuck dealing with the lackeys the entire time. You'd had to hear of the strange man with a hand over his face and the so-called 'Nomu' through your friends. 

Just by the downright murderous glint in his eyes as he looked down at you on the ground and the dark smirk he held, you could tell he was nowhere near harmless as the lackeys had been. It was as if he was thinking of the best way to tear you apart and enjoying it.

You frantically shuffled away from him and stood up, successfully getting away from him yet it did nothing to calm you down. If anything, you were anxious about him doing nothing about it. 

Was he that sure you wouldn't be leaving anyway?

God, your legs were so close to giving out. You'd only just laid eyes on the man but you knew he was the reason your surroundings were gray and devoid of life. The same description would probably apply to you soon too. It took non-existent courage to speak up and get into a fighting stance as if your legs wouldn't give out any second.

"The fuck are you?S-Some kind of o-overgrown scab?"

Your false bravado was as clear as daylight. Despite your 'insult', the man's smirk only grew at your growing fear as he tilted his head downwards. The few spikes of hair that covered his face as he looked down at you didn't make him look any less intimidating.