7 - The Right Colors

Carefully, you jumped off the windowsill while Todoroki held the window open. Your room was on the first floor yet had a height to it that caught you off guard in the darkness of the night, making you stumble when you hit the ground a second later than you prepared for. Todoroki flawlessly landed beside you and looked you up and down.

"Are you okay?"

"No, for a hero, I'm embarrasing", you laughed sheepishly. You took his wrist and pulled him along with your eyes set on the wide open 'employees only' entrance of the garden you'd been aching to see up close since you heard of it. 

It made sense for it to be off-limits--you'd spotted a couple of rarities among the many plants but you could be trusted to not endanger them. Though you couldn't just go ahead and try to convince the workers of that, especially after the bad record you'd put on yourself with one of them already.

There was a skip to your steps as you dragged Todoroki. He observed your behavior. You had a withheld smile on your face, like you were trying your best to not break out into a wide grin, but even in your hurry, you kept looking back at him everyone in a while to make sure he was following despite your hold on him. He found it adorable.

He also noticed that you'd actually latched onto him instead of his sleeve unlike the day at the arcade. It was a pleasant development. He was dissapointed having you let go when the two of you were finally surrounded by the plants but the joyful look on your face was just as good for him.

"Can I um...", you looked at him anticipation. Todoroki raised his eyebrow. He wasn't sure why you were asking him for permission to explore around the garden but he nodded. You gave him a wide smile before turning with giddy laughter that made even his lips turn up the slightest.

"This is awesome", you giggled as you poked your head between bundles of plants and vines. Todoroki watched in concern--he had the worry you'd poke your head into something dangerous but he knew better than to worry too much were you were in your element. 

You spent most of the time discovering the different plants around you and he watched from a distance as you pranced around, perking up when you called him over,"Look at these!!They're called Camellia. Notice anything familiar??"

You held out a different color of flower in each hand. Todoroki immediately knew what you were trying to point out. It amused him.

"They're red and white, like my hair."

"So if I make a flower crown", you continued off his sentence,"we'll be matching. God, I'm such a genius. Sit with me."

Todoroki flinched at the way you carelessly plopped yourself down on the spot to the floor. He felt like a worried mother trying to watch out for an overly excited kid, but the kid was a 19-year-old woman who fought deadly villains for a living. It was one of the many ways you were throwing his common sense out the window.

Regardless, he took a seat next to you. You were already more than halfway done with your little project, using your quirk to will flowers right off their stems and immediately blossoming new petals onto the plants you took them from. You showed him the finished product with a proud smile.

"Ta-da~", you smiled,"I'm quite literally the queen of flower crowns. No one can make them faster and better", your arms went to automatically place it on your head the way you'd done hundreds of times. You gave Todoroki a close-eyed smile without registering his expression,"Doesn't it look nice?"

Now, once again, looks weren't anything he ever went to. He hadn't ever placed much importance on anyone's physical traits before--unless it had to do with quirks--and even though he knew you were talking about the flower crown in itself, his mouth was parted in shock.