16 - The Talk

You were ashamed to have ever been nervous of meeting the woman in front of you. She had to be the loveliest person you'd ever met. This visit you thought would be between Todoroki and Rei with you sitting in a corner quietly had ended up being exactly that, except with your role swapped for Todoroki's.

Maybe you'd gotten too comfortable too quick because she was listening with a wide smile and laughing along as you complained about her son to her, Todoroki quietly keeping his arms crossed as he sat and an embarrassed blush on his face.

"I mean, I respect the strategy now, but back then I was super mad he had the nerve to freeze those robots in such a smartass way. I almost got crushed!!But I got back at him right after that. I tripped him with one of my vines and he almost fell face-first to the ground. It was so funny."

You figured what helped you ease into her presence so well, aside from her comforting aura, was the white hair you were seeing so often now. Staying at the Todoroki's was making you associate that unique color of hair with only good things. This woman looked to be the epitome of it. 

"But despite it all, Shoto's a good man who works hard. Don't worry too much about him, I'll make sure to snitch if he ever starts misbehaving", you smiled jokingly. Rei let out a gentle laugh.

"I'll appreciate that, thank you."

Todoroki finally broke his own silence,"It's almost 5 pm."

Despite all the embarrassment you were putting him through, disappointment filled his being knowing that this couldn't go on for much longer. The sight of you and his mother conversing so happily had kept him over the moon for the past few hours.

You pouted,"Already?I haven't even told her about the time you destroyed every arcade game you touched. That photobooth was lucky I was the one who manned it."

"(Name)...",he rubbed his temple, intentionally hiding his face. You grinned.

Rei smiled kindly,"Thank you so much for making my room smell so nice, (Name)."

With Rei, this made three people out of the Todoroki family who you let call you by your first name. Endeavor would probably never choose to call you as anything other than your hero name and you hadn't met Natsuo yet but you saw no issues in giving him permission, which meant pretty soon, you'd have all the siblings and the mother of the family calling you (Name).

You nodded as you stood from your seat,"Of course!!I'll try to come by more often so I can let you experience all kinds of flower smells over time. Right now I'll let you finish catching up with Shoto. It was a pleasure to meet you", you bowed respectfully before stepping out of the room.

Todoroki watched you shut the door behind you and instantly felt the emptiness of the room compared to before. His mother was a wonderful presence but you were the one he was getting used to having under his eyes every second of the day. Rei smiled at her son.

"(Name)'s a lively young girl. It makes me happy you've become good enough friends with her to introduce us."

Todoroki wasted no time in giving his mother a full and better understanding.

"(Name)'s the woman I have feelings for. I want to make her my girlfriend someday."

It felt a lot different to tell his mother than a strange old man he'd never met before. Todoroki couldn't care less about whether Mr.Kiyoshi knew or not, but he valued his mother immensely, just the way he valued the goal of his, which is why it felt much more important to tell her.

It was also why he wanted his mother to meet you--because he knew she'd approve of you.

Rei gasped at the sudden confession. Todoroki let her process what he said as long as she needed, up until her warm smile finally returned.