Flashback - A Hero; A Son

"Listen here, half-and-half. That loser weaseled her way into me giving a shit about her. I was the one who comforted her when she got all annoying and sad about you after you rejected her. I was shit at it, but I tried my best. Now you like her? Fuck off. You didn't learn to appreciate her until she learned she deserved better. Good for her, the dumbass grew a brain. You lost yours."

Bakugo brought Todoroki's face closer to his again,"The best your shitty deprived self can do now is lash out when you feel threatened. If I have a fucking say in it, I'm not letting her even stay with you anymore. Let those idiot feelings curl up and die, half-and-half, because you won't do shit with them as long as I'm here."

The words hung rough as Bakugo kept his glower on Todoroki. Todoroki's own didn't waver either. The eye contact itself was a silent challenge; if he backed down to it, he'd be backing down to the possibility of defying Bakugo's warning.

He wouldn't be doing that.

Todoroki had been patient this entire time. Your friendship with the destructive blond was one he questioned yet respected so for your sake, he tried taking the disagreement in a civilized manner.

He forcefully shoved himself out of Bakugo's grasp and narrowed his eyes,"Your thoughts on me or my feelings for her don't amount to anything. You and me not liking each other doesn't mean we have the right to dictate each other's presence in her life--only she can do that and she's chosen to have me in it now. You'll have to accept that."

Bakugo growled,"Don't act self-righteous with me, asshole. You broke my goddamn nose because I stopped you from playing white knight", he tilted his head in disdain,"and lemme guess. That dumb lost look on your face before I nearly blew it up. You were looking for her?"

"It's not safe for (Name) to be by herself", Todoroki emphasized sternly.

"My ass", he spat,"The loser might be stupid but she ain't weak. Looks more to me like you're forcing yourself in her life. That shit doesn't sit right with me, so stay the hell away. I don't give a damn what rights I don't have. She's annoying but I'd rather put up with it than not, so to hell with you. I don't need you messing her up again. I'll kill you."

Bakugo's determination to retort so verbally and within reason showed more resolve than his usual senseless habit to physically fight his arguments. It almost threw Todoroki off except the discussion was over you. The man wouldn't stay quiet.

Todoroki's patience was running thin and he sneered,"Your stubborness is the main reason I dislike you. It makes you into a shortsighted brute and the kind of person I'm least likely listening to. I'm not going anywhere so either live with it or get the hell out her life yourself."

The insult towards him finally got a more familiar reaction from Bakugo.

"YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME OR SOMETHING?! I'LL FIGHT YOU, DIPSHIT!!!", he raised his palm, smoke wisps already coming out from his willingness to make the discussion physical and Todoroki tch'd.

"Like I said...shortsighted brute", he muttered loud enough for Bakugo to hear. The bi-colored man had a feeling no matter what he responded, Bakugo would retort to his usual violence anyway.

"You asked for it", his crimson eyes were deadly. He let out a yell as he launched a fist to Todoroki that Todoroki dodged backwards, though Bakugo wasn't quite done with one attack and kept launching several punches that Todoroki avoided.

After avoiding one of many, he grit his teeth,"I'm not fighting you. Give it a rest!!"

Bakugo grinned with rage,"You didn't want to fight properly back at the Sports Festival either. Do you get off on it?! Is that it?! GET OFF ON THIS, YOU SICKO!!"