6 - Past And New

"Oh...Good morning", you greeted the man that stood in front of you. The sleep after the bath had you even nicer than usual, or maybe it was the surprise of seeing Todoroki at your door at almost dawn. He must've come to your door first thing waking up judging by his hair still being slightly disheveled; it was cute.

"I came to check on Kirishima. The burn", he specified and you 'ahh'ed.

"He's okay. I gave him some aloe. Quirk or not, his skin is pretty strong. It's sweet of you to check on him though. You were the one who helped him out last night too, right?", he nodded,"that's really kind of you, Todoroki."

There was no sign of the usual playfulness in your words. No teasing, no flirting, just a genuine compliment of his nature with a sweet smile and it caught him more off guard than your inappropriate jokes. He blushed lightly at your praise and nodded. 

You yawned and it caught his attention.

"I'll let you sleep."

"Huh?",you didn't understand. Was that all he came to your room so early for?,"Where are you going?"

"Breakfast."

"Mkay. I'll go too", you smiled closing the door behind you and leaving no room for argument. Todoroki was surprised of your decision. Throughout the years he lived with you in the dorms, he'd not once seen you willingly wake up so early, but he didn't stop you. You took his turn to the direction and slow walking as approval to your self-invitation.

You walked beside him and laced your elbow around his; Todoroki didn't even blink, only side eyeing the view of it. He'd probably felt your touch more than that of his own siblings as of late. Not that he minded--it was starting to become a personal trait between your friendship. 

It was a calm morning, probably because it was too early for anyone to be up. The sun wasn't up yet.

"Do you usually wake up so early?", you made small talk. The silence and darkness made it feel like you two were the only ones in the building. Todoroki nodded as he looked down at you. Despite the entertwined limbs, you weren't actually pressing yourself against him. He would've thought you'd go ahead and do that too.

"I got into the habit during high school. It was the only time I could eat breakfast without people screaming."

You laughed,"Did that include me?"

"Yes."

"Awesome. I'm glad I influenced your life choices so early on."

You let go when you got to the kitchen and poured out two bowls cereal at the table. The earliness and solitude with you two made for a careless atmosphere; Todoroki took the bowl you served him with silent gratitude and you took a seat next to him. Despite this being the first time you two ate breakfast together, it was impossible to feel awkwardness anymore.

"You did influence my choices early on. That should be obvious."

You paused your first bite of your cereal and tilted your head, hastily swallowing so you could ask,"What do you mean?"

"You were constantly taking my rank as second. I had to push myself harder. It even influenced my decision to intern with my father", he pointed out and you grinned.

"You mean our decision to intern with your dad. I can't believe we ended up choosing the same hero without even knowing. It was so uncomfortable for me."

Todoroki looked at you in confusion in between spoonfuls of cereal and you deadpanned,"Really?Do you not remember that?"

"I remember us both interning for my father", he furrowed his eyebrows at the second piece of information,"but I wasn't aware you were uncomfortable. Did something happen?"