31 - Solid Step

"I'm going crazy. Or maybe I already am. Wait, that could totally explain what happened!! Mina, I probably hallucinated everything, didn't I?"

"You're crazy for wanting it to be fake", she squealed,"I told you he liked you back!!!"

"Is that really all you got from the story?", you sighed. You looked to your best friend for support instead,"Kiri?What do you think?"

The spiky-haired hero sat on Mina's bed with his legs crossed. His hand rested on his chin and he looked downwards, deep in thought,"He flipped you while restraining you? Did you see which hand he put his weight on?"

You groaned in defeat and plopped forwards, letting your face smother against the soft blanket in hopes you'd suffocate. 

The whole purpose you'd visited them was to get a second opinion on the worrisome words you'd last heard from Todoroki. Their lack of concern should've been a sign that you were fretting over nothing yet you couldn't shake off a growing discomfort--a feeling something was off. They were too hung up on the romance side of it all to pay it full attention.

Somehow, you were too. The man was simultaneously spurring butterflies in your stomach and killing them at once. 

Mina sweatdropped and took on a more serious tone,"Maybe you misunderstood him. He's not the easiest guy to read, right?What if instead of 'you can't leave', he meant...'you can't leave without giving me a kiss?'"

Kirishima jumped in,"From what you said, it did sound like he was going to kiss you."

You didn't bother lifting your head but shifted it sideways to respond,"I really don't think so. He's always accidentally crossed boundaries without knowing. I can't blame him since it's how I behaved with him from the beginning."

"(Name), I love you but if you don't realize that he likes you back, I'm gonna eat my pillow."

You rolled your eyes at Mina's 'threat',"He doesn't. And you guys are missing the point. I'm not as concerned about the 'kiss-looking' stuff as much as everything else--like him practically banning me from leaving. I mean, what makes him think I'll listen?"

Kirishima showed a sharp-toothed grin,"Probably that you did. It's been, what, two days? You could've moved out."

"Yeah, why haven't you?", Mina followed up. You flushed and shrunk into yourself as you thought of how to word your answer.

"...Because of the 'kiss-looking' stuff..."

Your embarrassment and confusion were apparent. Mina smiled sympathetically as she patted your back up and down,"Awe, (Name), it's okay!! It's a unique situation but you care for each other. You'll figure it out together. And if you ever need us, we're here too."

You giggled as she tightly hugged you from your position, practically having to flop on top of you. Kirishima tilted his head,"Did you tell Todoroki you were coming here?"

"Nah, I've been avoiding him. He's patrolling with Midoriya right now but Endeavor's interviewing me in a couple of hours, right after Shoto, so I'll have to go back soon."

"Then talk to him!!!He's a manly dude, I'm sure you'll make up easily."

"Yeah, make up so you can make out already."

Fighting Mina's romantic beliefs would be a waste. You settled for a light sigh as the two energetically changed the topic to something you weren't too interested in, opting to zone into the comfort of Mina's body lightly crushing you and Kirishima's enthusiastic responses.

Anything to ignore the creeping feeling of something wrong.

══════════════════