28 - End of a Line

After the disagreement with Todoroki, the questionable half-interrogation, and the weight of still not knowing anything about Bakugo, jumping into Midoriya's arms felt heavenly. The poor pro-hero hadn't gotten so much as a warning. He stammered nervously for a few seconds until settling for awkwardly hovering his hands over your back and patting it.

You jumped back with a guilty giggle,"Sorry. It's been a weird day."

He smiled with concern,"Don't worry about it! You're trying to find Kacchan. It's probably rough. If that hug was the help you needed then I'm glad I could help!"

His positivity was a good breath of fresh air. You already felt better,"Y'know, it doesn't surprise me that you'd be willing to travel miles just to cheer someone up. Still...that's not what I meant on the call. Come on, I'll explain in the van."

You'd opted to meet him at the Bronze Gate instead of waiting in a facility with hundreds of demented villains. Midoriya agreed and let you climb into the guard-driven vehicle first, following suit and closing the door. The van let out a soft hum as it began moving.

"So", you started,"As it stands, Toga's admitted that she knows something about Bakugo's dissapearance. She also hasn't denied having any involvement in it but the only way she's willing to talk is if you're there because of that old crush."

Midoriya's big green eyes widened. His lips ran from his smile and into a straight thin line before he answered,"Oh."

The short answer made you wince,"I should've mentioned that, huh?She'll probably say some weird things to you-"

"No!!", he cut you off hastily as he waved his hands ,"Sorry, I just didn't know she still thought of me like that."

"She mentioned not having stalked you in 'days'. Guess you're popular with the ladies."

He scratched the back of his head,"I don't want to be."

"Oh?", you elbowed him slyly,"Even if that includes Uraraka?"

Midoriya's freckled cheeks grew pink and he looked off to the side. At first, you thought it had to do with your teasing, until he smiled shyly.

"...We're dating now."

The big gasp you took could've easily made you faint if not for how elated you were by the news. You jumped up and down in your seat with a wide grin,"Oh my god, YES!! When did this even happen?! Was it at the museum?"

The serious topic and location ahead were momentarily forgotten. Midoriya shared your excitement in a much more subtle manner,"I asked her out when I dropped her off home!!"

"I'm so proud of you guys", you wiped a fake tear,"I've been rooting for you since freshman year. It's like I got to watch my babies grow up and date each othe- Oh, wait, no..."

You grimaced at the wrong-sounding comment but Midoriya only smiled,"It was worth waiting for. But also...if you don't mind me asking...is it true Todoroki and you are dating too?"

Your face grew red at the question and you stuttered,"H-Huh?!Where'd you hear that from?!"

Midoriya gave you an apologetic glance,"Three people, actually. They just happened to be unreliable sources which is why I wanted to ask myself."

"Oh, god...are those idiots really going around saying that?"

"It's all they're telling people."

You rubbed your temples,"Great. That's another thing to deal with."

The topic of romance with Todoroki would've had you smiling dumbly if it wasn't for the earlier altercation. Just remembering, you slumped your shoulders.