17 - Two Cliffs

This time, Todoroki had no excuse to repeat his past actions. You'd sent him a message before leaving and the sun was as bright as it could be, so there wasn't any need for him to worry about you too much. You also didn't have anyone with you which hopefully guaranteed no more broken noses, though you did kind of wish you had the extra set of arms.

You tripped and yelped as you caught yourself just in time, one of the bags in your arms falling onto the floor despite your small success and you sighed in frustration for probably the hundredth time on your walk back to Todoroki's house. 

You really wanted to quit and leave all your bags of clothes then and there but the clothes that you had from the trip to the baths weren't enough to last you too long. You'd had no other option but to go home and put all your clothes in bags, one of them pretty much a bean bag chair from how big it was.

You groaned and rubbed your temples in annoyance,"Fucking hell. I'd kill for some help."

"Ironic. Would you really?"

His husky voice was all it took for your heart to sink to your stomach. The remaining bags were easily forgotten and you let them fall on the floor as you spun, meeting turquoise eyes you never would have guessed to meet in broad daylight. 

Dabi let out a chuckle and took a few steps foward that you didn't hesitate to imitate by stepping backwards at the same pace, some relief flooding into you once he simply took a seat on the biggest bag you'd been carrying. A smug grin rested on his face from your small display of fear.

God, you hated that arrogance of his.

You were more than wary as he sat and stared at you with a challenging gaze. The lack of words or actions was extremely rare from him. Hell, his presence during the day was extremely rare. That dark trenchcoat and unique appearance of his made him stick out like a sore thumb.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't villains stick to the night and what-not?", you questioned him. The daylight was made you feel better than usual, or maybe it was your quirk's big improvement since the last time you faced off against him, even though you knew it probably wasn't enough to overpower him yet,"Are you that desperate to come after me?"

Dabi tilted his head to the side as his expression shifted from its smug nature to annoyance,"Still so cocky-"

"Dude, you're one to talk."

"Don't cut me off, doll-face."

The words came out calm but there was an undertone of a threat that shut you right up. Dabi let out a short chuckle at that,"Better. You're misunderstanding me, sweetheart. I'm not after you."

Your eyes shot wide open. What the hell did he mean by that?

"Oh, so you burnt all my plants for no reason?Because that makes so much fucking sense",you couldn't help but still be bitter about that.

"That was more your fault then mine. I only wanted to burn all that fan research you had of me, those plants happened to catch on fire too. Didn't think it would piss you off so much. They're just plants."

This man was so lucky you weren't powerful enough to take him down yet, otherwise he'd be on the floor. You took a deep breath and tried to forget his last words,"Jesus Christ, Dabi, what are you even here for? And what do you mean you're not after me?"

"Slow down, doll. Don't you want to catch up?Stop and smell the roses, since you're all about that?"

"Dabi..."

A chuckle left the man as he readjusted his sitting position on your bag of clothes. He couldn't possibly be comfortable but he seemed to be enjoying himself,"Suit yourself."