32 - Antiheroes

You'd definitely ruined Todoroki. The woods blossomed beautifully, beams of sunlight shining through leaves yet he was blind to the scenery, mesmerized instead by the sight of you joyfully spinning a big stick like a staff. You held the purest smile on your face.

"You know what's even cooler about this branch?I could easily make it a super dangerous weapon."

Todoroki smiled,"The weapon isn't dangerous; it's you. Changing that branch into something else won't change the fate of anyone in the wrong end of it."

"Wow, Shoto. That's some cheerleading if I've ever heard it", you giggled. The stick rested on your tailbone as you gripped both ends with your hands, lightly swinging side to side,"Sooo...Are you still gonna be sketchy about why we're here?"

He raised an amused eyebrow,"I'm not sketchy."

"Really?", you playfully poked the stick at his chest,"Leading me into a mountain, far from the city and refusing to tell me why?If I didn't trust you so much, my hero senses would be off the charts."

He pushed the stick to the side with a soft look,"I know. I wouldn't throw your trust away. Didn't I tell you I'd handle it with care?"

You squinted,"Are you being sweet to avoid my question?"

"I'm 'being sweet' because I want you to stay with me."

His face had gone back to its usual blankness but by this point, you could read him like a book. The honesty dripping from him mellowed out your jokingly feisty attitude as you realized he wasn't only referring to now.

You sported an involuntary blush,"Well, that's a given. I wouldn't follow you miles out into the woods for nothing. Or...Wait", you came to the horrifying realization,"I kind of would. Geez, that's scary. And clingy."

Your disturbing realization was the opposite for Todoroki. His eyes lit up at the blind trust you apparently had in him and he reassured you, shaking his head,"It's not scary. You shouldn't ever feel that way in my company."

You grinned cheekily,"So it's clingy?"

"It is", you cringed at the straightforwardness. Todoroki smiled,"I like it."

The answer wasn't too surprising. With how often he verbally appreciated quality time, you figured it had to be his love language.

He's also really into words of affirmation nowadays. And physical touch. And acts of service. And...oh wow. For such a stand-offish guy, he sure shows affection in a lot of ways.

You knew it'd sound sudden but the curiosity was there now. You had to ask,"Shoto, what's your love language?"

Todoroki tilted his head, about to question you but your eyes held an eager look that made him hesitate. A few silent seconds passed before he confusedly answered,"...I'd love to learn a language of Italic origin. They're similar enough to learn multiple."

"That's- I mean, that's pretty cool actually and we'll talk about it later, but not what I meant."

You had to remember that you were basically this man's introduction to the world of affection,"I'm asking about how you prefer to show people your love. Let's say you had a girlfriend."

The thought itself made you feel queasy but you brushed it off,"How would you naturally express your lovey-doveyness? By saying nice things? Giving her things she likes? Spending time together? Being kissy and what-not? That kind of stuff."

Todoroki's shoulders tensed. He shifted uncomfortably,"I don't know. I haven't found out yet."

"Well, okay. Let's pretend I'm your girlfriend."