18 - A Villain; A Son

"Dabi, full offense, you're horrible at delivering your points. I still have no idea what you're trying to say. Your brother?Why would I know anything about your family?I don't even know anything about you."

"Think hard", he rolled his eyes. His playful demeanor had subsided which was enough to tell you how serious he was. The problem was, you didn't understand much else.

"No. Standing around while talking to you isn't how I ever want to spend my day so for god's sake, can you just be blunt like every other villain?Is it really that hard for you to be honest?"

Your fear was completely gone at this point, replaced with only irritation. Dabi's eyes seemed to perk up at your last question. An incomprehensible smirk grew on his face as he stood from his seat, the added height reminding you how easily this man could take you down. There was a new fire in his gaze. As playful as it was again, it was just as intense.

"You want honesty, doll?"

The supressed chuckle in his voice made you hesitant,"...yes?"

"Hmm. How about I start you out with my real name, (Name)?"

You would've been so offended over his use of your first name if not for how stunned you were. You'd gone so long knowing this man as Dabi that you hadn't ever thought much of the fact that it probably wasn't his real name. He was willing to tell it to you for no reason?You were too astounded to respond.

His smirk was the embodiment of confidence and pleasure as he tilted his head upwards, looking down at you,"Call me Touya, doll-face. It's a great name."

That name was all it took for the world to freeze for you then and there. 

Touya.

Touya....Todoroki?

You shook your head immediately, the sight of it amusing to Dabi, before sending him a cold-hearted glare,"Yeah, no. I don't know what kind of game you're trying to play but you're not fooling me. What you're trying to suggest...dude, you're fucked up for that."

Dabi grinned,"I'm all kinds of fucked up. Glad you noticed."

You shook your head in disbelief,"You're gonna pretend you didn't just try convincing me of the most outrageous bullshit?"

He raised an eyebrow in annoyance,"Outragerous?What's so hard to believe?"

"Touya's dead, Dabi, and you're throwing around his name like nothing. It's disrespectful."

You gasped quietly at how quickly Dabi's face formed a snarl,"Don't talk to me about disrespect. You heroes are full of it. Aren't you all about morals and dignity?Where does it all go when you look at your number one hero?"

The spite in his words multiplied when mentioning Endeavor and your eyebrows furrowed, the tone towards him reminding you of someone else,"What are you trying to say about him?"

He laughed joylessly,"Oh come on, doll-face. Don't pretend you don't know. That nonsense about him becoming a better person?Have you chosen to turn a blind eye to what he did to Shoto before that?"

You froze in shock at the mention of Todoroki's family history. 

His face shifted to one of hatred,"He was the youngest. Do you think Enji was any better with the oldest?The first result of that greed of his?", he put his hand to his chest, the look in his eyes growing slightly unhinged and his words louder,"I got the worst of it, and after that, I was the failure!!"

The crazed look in his eyes looked controlled but it didn't do anything to ease the growing fear in you. Not of Dabi--the growing fear he might be saying the truth. He spoke like a man who'd been wronged, pouring honesty onto you the way you'd asked, and now you were stuck forcing to debate within yourself: