20 - The Witness

"HOLY SHIT- SHOTO, YOU'RE ON FIRE!!!"

"Oh. Sorry."

Your small panic attack wasn't ending even after all of Todoroki's flames had gone out. The scene that had just unfolded in front of you was too much to take in at once--he'd been completely fine when you turned away from him and wrapped in his flames when you turned back.

It was a miracle his clothes had stayed on, though if they'd burnt off, at least you were in a pretty fashionable clothing store already.

You let out a nervous laugh as you recovered,"Since when does that happen?"

Even with the flames out, Todoroki couldn't do anything about the blistering heat on his face or look at you in the eyes. He'd been happy to join you while you shopped for clothes until he recalled your lack of care when it came to showing skin. You still stood in your normal attire but as he watched you pile revealing dresses into your arms and remembered the promise of a 'fashion show', he didn't even notice the growing flames on him.

He coughed in embarrassment. His cheeks were as red as his hair,"I'll carry those for you."

You were a little surprised about the offer but showed him a grateful smile nonetheless,"What a gentleman!!Thanks."

You handed Todoroki the bundle of clothes and continued your search for actual outfits. You didn't even notice him purposefully summon his flames this time, turning all the questionable clothes into nothing.

"So", you clasped your hands together as you looked at the wide range of clothes in front of you,"I'm curious, Shoto. What kinds of clothes do you like seeing on a woman?"

The question caught him off guard. He raised an eyebrow,"....Clothes."

You rolled your eyes,"Yeah, I forget how indifferent you are to most things. How about this--pick out a few things for me. I won't say no to any of it."

Todoroki looked around uncertainly before nodding and you grinned. Just wondering the kinds of clothes he'd choose out for you had you immensely curious. You followed him closely as he went through racks of clothes, trying not to laugh at how obviously he avoided anything that showed so much as the collarbone. You took it upon yourself to grab the nice things he avoided solely because of the little skin they showed.

After a few minutes, there was a decently sized bundle of clothes in both your arms. You grinned,"You know what's next, right Shoto?"

Todoroki's cheeks grew pink and you could've sworn you felt heat from him,"...Do I have to watch?"

"Of course!!You'll be my second opinion", you laughed before noticing a certain abscence,"Wait, where did you put my dresses?"

Todoroki's eyes widened.

"The dressing room is over there", he avoided your question and headed over to the area. You tilted your head in confusion but thought nothing of it, skipping right after him.

The first thing you noticed about the dressing room was how cramped it was. It made no sense--there was only one but it barely provided any space for you to move. Changing would be a clear challenge. You didn't let that bother you too much as you blew a kiss at Todoroki before closing the door, snickering at the predictable change of his blank expression.

So many distractions had tossed themselves to you lately that you hadn't gotten the chance to fluster him for the hell of it. You missed it.

You stared at the pile he chose for you with a raised eyebrow. Somehow, you hadn't noticed a familiar concept. You spoke up loud enough for Todoroki to hear you,"What's it with you seeing me in red and white?"