35 - A Worse Lunch

"You see this line right here?", you traced along Todoroki's palm. Your finger grazed the line under his pinky all the way to under his index,"That's the love line. The longer it is, the better. Yours is actually pretty long! Good for us, right?", you nudged playfully.

Since waking up semi-clothed and on Todoroki's bare chest, you couldn't find a reason to move from your spot. You hadn't even tried to. Cozy was an understatement for what you felt. He must've had the same thought because he never moved the arm you laid on, no matter how much you played with his hand. 

Todoroki wasn't superstitious enough to believe in palm readings. However, for this, he couldn't help but smile,"Good for us."

He hadn't stopped staring at you the entire morning. With how giddy you were about your newfound relationship, you'd gone full-on cheesy after your intimate night. He couldn't blame you; it was long overdue. He definitely wouldn't complain when one of your cheesy acts was to sleep in his shirt before he could even put it back on last night.

The shirt was a little big on you and a few light marks were visible at the base of your neck. Nothing too rough-looking--both of you were too new and too emotional for that. You were unbelievably radiant and it was hard to believe he'd been the one to leave those small blotches of color on you.

He loved how you looked with them. Todoroki couldn't tell whether he wanted to show if off to the entire world or keep you locked somewhere so no one could ever see. 

Your stomach grumbled and you flinched. His eyebrows raised as he realized,"It's noon. You haven't eaten."

"Oh, I have", you laughed. The man raised an eyebrow before realizing what you meant and he deadpanned as best he could despite the red on his face, pushing you away from him semi-harshly as he got up to dress himself. You whined,"You're my boyfriend now. You gotta laugh at my jokes."

"That wasn't a joke", he retaliated under his breath, loud enough so you could hear and you giggled. Todoroki stuck to his intention and walked over to you so he could place a small kiss on your forehead,"Go to the kitchen. If there's nothing made, wait for me. I'll make something. Just try to find something in the meantime while I get dressed properly."

You wanted to make some kind of joke but a simple forehead kiss from him was enough to melt you. It always had been but knowing he was yours now, it did so even more. You smiled, trying to keep it together but ultimately failing and quietly signaling to your lips. 

Todoroki smiled too before laying a small and innocent kiss right where you'd asked. When breaking away, he gave himself the liberty of taking your hand to pull you up from your laying position.

It surprised you and you squinted,"Was that some sneaky polite way of hurrying me up?"

"Yes", he lightly tossed your discarded pants your way,"Put those on before you go."

"Well, I obviously wasn't gonna go half-naked."

"You once hugged me with nothing but a robe on. That was before we were even close. Love, we'll actually need to have a conversation about your physical awareness but right now, it's too late for you to have an empty stomach. Go to the kitchen. I'll catch up and make something once I get a shirt from my room."

You couldn't even be offended because he had a point. Also because the new pet name stuck you to your spot. You vaguely remembered him using it last night and asked sheepishly,"Love?"

Todoroki's eyes widened and he subtly lost his composure,"Oh. I should've asked if that was okay. I've heard people call their significant others that and it...seemed fitting", he explained.