21 - Late Night

Tonight marked the fourth time this week that you found yourself in Todoroki's bedroom in the middle of the night. You hadn't meant for your flirty joke to become true but karma was a bitch; at least that's what you figured was happening. It made sense that as punishment for belittling Kaminari's troubles with his heater during the trip, your room would one day start becoming ice-cold in the middle of the night as well.

Thankfully, Todoroki was always awake when you asked to sleep over. You couldn't be more grateful.

The only light in the room was the moonlight that flooded in through his window but it was more than enough for you to see the main topic clearly. You already knew about the origin of his scar thanks to how snoopy you'd been five years ago so there wasn't much discussion left. 

Whether it was the silence or what you were doing, all walls seemed to be down right now. There was nothing else but you and him.

You traced the outline of Todoroki's scar with your thumb, watching your finger go up and down according to his mark. The small action wasn't unsettling but you couldn't help the subtle butterflies in your stomach when realizing that the entire time you played around with his face, he wasn't planning on taking his eyes off of you.

You paused and grinned,"Y'know, tracing lines on a baby's face is a really good way to calm them. I'm surprised it's working so well on a grown man."

Todoroki's voice was thick with tranquility as he leaned into your touch. He looked like he was fighting off a yawn,"It's 2 am. I'm bound to be tired."

You lowered your voice a bit once noticing his sleepiness,"But if you're so tired, why be awake?It's only been about 15 minutes since I came in and you weren't sleeping. And it's not like you knew I'd come."

Silence enveloped the room again and you stared at Todoroki curiously as he averted his eyes, still not moving his head from your touch. He wouldn't willfully opt out of your small tokens of affection. The man had never craved attention so much until he got yours.

"...I couldn't sleep."

"Well, I won't add to that. Let's sleep", you giggled as you leaned upwards from your sitting position to place a small kiss on where you'd just been touching. Todoroki's arm instinctively wrapped around you, having expected the kiss on his cheek, not his scar, and his throat ran dry when he felt it.

Once you tried pulling away, you found yourself unable to. Todoroki's hold on you was ironclad. You looked at him in confusion as his face shifted into something a little conflicted.

His feelings for you were incredibly obvious to him. The behavior he showed was so exclusive to you: hell, he just had you freely touch his face all you wanted because he wanted it too. However, you never took the hints. You carelessly showered him with affection as a result and it felt like such a tease to what he wanted.

For the first time, he felt frustrated with you. His mismatched eyes were stern as they held yours, "(Name), you need to be more self-aware."

You shot him a puzzled look,"I do?Since when?"

He sighed,"Since months ago."

Todoroki's hold on you went limp right after and as confusing as his words were, you were more enticed by the blanket of his bed. Your room had been so cold that the chattering of your teeth had been uncontrollable; the blanket looked heavenly and as soon as you wrapped yourself in it and took a deep breath, it was the same for its scent.

Todoroki had such a nice smell. You didn't know whether it had anything to do with his quirk but him room smelled like a kindling bonfire but it overwhelmed your nose the way cold air did. You smiled at him from your comfy spot,"I think I'm starting to like your bed more than mine."