19 - Guilty Conscience

Dabi could be such a little shit sometimes. You'd grown to hate him because of the cold-blooded murder and torment to his name, but at this very moment, as selfish as it sounded, you couldn't care less about that. You let out an annoyed grunt while nearing the Todoroki's home.

The nerve of that man. Apparently, boggling your mind by revealing his identity wasn't enough. All you'd done was sarcastically ask him to either help you carry your bags or get off the one he was sitting on.

His response had been to burn them all to ashes and leave you to watch in despair as they were blown away by the wind; he left happily after chuckling at the horror on your face. You sighed as you opened the door, catching someone's attention.

"(Name)!", Fuyumi greeted you with a smile before pausing as she noticed your expression,"Oh, is something wrong?"

"I'm beating his ass someday", you grumbled in a zombie-like manner. It was far from the first threat you'd uttered about Dabi during your walk back home. 

Fuyumi stayed quiet in an uncertain manner. Her eyebrows furrowed as if contemplating something,"...Are you talking about Shoto?Did he do something to you?"

The suggestion snapped you back to reality,"Wait what?No, of course not. He's nothing but gentle with me."

Fuyumi let out a visible sigh of relief that you tilted your head at in confusion. Truthfully, she'd been worried all morning. The bad feeling she got when she first saw you leave was nothing compared to what she felt the moment Shoto approached her and asked whether she'd seen you. The grave look in his mismatched eyes had been a first.

"Speaking of which", you questioned,"Where is he?"

Fuyumi didn't feel too inclined too tell you that the man left in search for you so she hummed in fake thought,"I really have no idea..."

You nodded and gave her a quick goodbye before setting out into a small personal mission to look for Todoroki. After the day you'd had, you wanted nothing but to spend time with the sweet man. Was this how he felt when you were away?

Your search in the kitchen and training grounds turned up nothing and you were still fairly inexperienced to the house's layout. Your last resort would be his room. There was a chance Todoroki simply kept sleeping like you asked him to.

Carefully opening the door to his bedroom, you turned up with nothing again. You raised an eyebrow in curiosity. With how attached he was with you, it felt strange to suddenly not see him anywhere. Maybe the attachment was starting to rub off because not having him around for once bummed you out a tad.

That could explain the strange hesitation you felt when it came to leaving the room. Today had been such a weird day that the familiar smell of his room was the second best you could have to comfort yourself. How much of a creep would you be if you stayed in his room without his knowledge? 

You stood in your spot as you debated it. Even if he found out, you were sure he wouldn't get mad at you. Todoroki didn't seem capable of it.

You let that thought comfort you as you stepped in and shut the door behind you, a feeling of safety and security enveloping you immediately. It was an effect that Todoroki himself had on you except it was a lot more authentic with him. 

With your nervousness shrinking, you tossed yourself to his bed and sighed in pleasure at the comfort of his mattress. It was probably the same quality as yours but somehow felt way better. It also brought you back to the nap you'd shared with him. A blush seeped into your cheeks.

You held off the incoming thoughts; there were some more important matters anyway. Such as the villain you just found out was actually the household's long 'dead' sibling. As confident as you'd been against Dabi, most of it had been a front to keep from giving him the satisfaction to mess with you.