14 - Warm

It felt wrong to be back on your bed after what happened. You felt like there was something you should've been doing. Calling some help for Bakugou maybe?

Dear god, what would you tell him when he woke up to his broken nose and you gone?Hopefully he wouldn't panic thinking something had happened to you. You went to grab your phone and try giving him a call but were interrupted when your bedroom's door opened, Todoroki walking in with the plate of food he'd promised you.

The man smiled seeing you back in his home. All his earlier resentment was gone; there wasn't a need for it between the two of you. He set the plate down on your nightstand and took a seat next to you. You averted your gaze, hesitant to meet his.

"Bakugou was picked up."

You snapped your eyes to his immediately. Todoroki looked the slightest bit remorseful but confidently maintained eye contact,"I called Kirishima and I was honest about what happened."

Your lips were parted in surprise, certainly not having expected that,"...Oh. Well...What did happen?"

Todoroki tilted his head curiously,"We went over it."

And I understood none of it.

"Yeah, well, I was kinda caught up in it, y'know?"

Todoroki nodded. You noted the patience he had with you was practically endless. It helped you be less on guard but you were getting the understanding that maybe it wasn't for yourself you should be cautious, but for others. It still had you on edge though. That's why you wanted to hear him out properly; You'd become so close to Todoroki now that you'd seen he did have a good heart. 

The fact he got Bakugou help even though as he said, the blond technically could have handled it, was a good sign.

"Bakugou's lost to the League of Villains before", Todoroki mindlessly grabbed your hand in his bigger one and you tried not letting his newfound fondness of keeping physical contact distract you,"and one of the main members is the one after you. I wasn't happy to think of what could happen if he lost to them again while in charge of you."

Your waryness faltered. Todoroki had only really acted out of worry--he'd lashed out harshly, that much could be said, but he'd somewhat rectified the situation after. You shifted in your spot, a little indecisive about how to word your thoughts.

"Todoroki, you know, I've noticed you've started becoming really protective and it warms my heart to know you've let me in enough for that to happen", you tried not to laugh at the way his eyes brightened. You were trying to be serious,"But when it comes to my safety, unless it's something urgent, I should be the only one acting out about it. It's why I've stayed here. That, and the fact that I do trust you first and foremost."

Todoroki's heart skipped a beat to your last sentence. He wasn't blind to your initial reaction and had the fear you wouldn't look past it so easily but you were looking at him with a forgiving smile. His worries melted away, the blank expression on his face somehow hiding the pure joy he felt. Todoroki brought your knuckles up to his lips as a thank you and happily took in your reaction.

You blushed with furrowed brows at the sight and took on an exasperated tone,"You're so kissy lately!!Way more than me!!"

"You're nice to kiss."

Your face blew up at the shameless comment and you stared at Todoroki with eyes wide as saucers; the man wasn't even fazed by how he'd sounded,"DUDE...", you exhaled all the possible shock out,"One of these days, someone's gonna mistake us as a couple, and it'll be your fault."

Todoroki paused for a quick second once he remembered of another part of his conversation with Kirishima and he stood up without a word, leaving the room. You gaped. Had your words bothered him that much?They'd only been the truth.