10 - A Fun Breakfast

"Um....I was told you wouldn't be here."

"Did you break into my home?"

You'd heard about Endeavor's change into a better person after All Might's fall but having his voice boom down at you, daring you to say the wrong thing, made you feel like you were back to being his intern. You wouldn't lie, he was probably one the very few people that actually scared you.

"Leave her alone, old man."

My hero.

You gave Todoroki a smile as he made his way to your side. You recognized the disheveled look of his hair,"Morning, Todoroki."

He looked at you softly despite the stern tone he'd just used,"Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"I did", you lied. All the talk about Dabi resurfacing from underground to look for you was probably the reason for the dream you'd had. The old memories had been so lively that despite not having actually used your quirk, you were starving.

Endeavor's big eyebrows furrowed at the small interaction and you spotted his mouth opening, ready to start interrogating you again but Todoroki beat him to it,"I invited her here. A villain's after her and I offered her our protection. Is that a problem?"

The room grew quiet. With Endeavor being here so suddenly and not so thrilled about your surprise visit, it really did feel like you were intruding, which is why your jaw dropped at the calm tone the big man took on next.

He sighed,"It's not, Shoto. I just wish you would've told me about this earlier. I came here with plans to spend time with my family only."

Who was this man and what did he do to the Endeavor you knew?Last time you remembered the three of you being together, he only viewed his son as a tool to surpass the previous number one hero. Now he was treating him like an actual human being. You were elated at the visible difference.

Todoroki, at your side, wasn't. His father words almost sounded like they suggested you didn't belong there. The thought that you might take his father's words to heart rubbed him the wrong way.

He glared at the older man,"You spent years not caring about spending time with family. It can wait this once."

You internally gasped at the cold tone. It was a little uncalled for; even Endeavor's face seemed taken with shock. You looked over at Todoroki's concern. Was this him lashing out over something?Over the years, you'd learned that it was something he'd tend to do.

You took his arm and succesfully brought his eyes down to you,"Todoroki, is everything okay?"

Your touch brought him back down to normal. Seeing you so concerned about him was all he needed for his head to clear again. It was something he was always thankful to you for. He nodded,"I'm fine."

This was the second odd interaction between the two of you Endeavor witnessed within the past few minutes. He remembered a much different relationship years ago. Nonetheless, he could see that you were somewhat of a sensitive topic, so despite his questions, he kept them to himself.

"Flora", he opted for a different type of questioning,"What's this talk about a villain being after you?"

Your nerves grew at the question. He was the one housing you while you worked on your quirk but you couldn't tell him the truth. If you mentioned you were going after Dabi and vice-versa, he'd take the matters into his own hands, which would defeat the whole purpose of the unspoken 'challenge' you and Dabi were trying to pose for each other.

"Well, you see...", you started without an idea of what to say,"I uh..."

"It's none of your business."