12 - Irony Everywhere

"It's fine, Todoroki", you laughed after regaining yourself from the impact of forcibly collapsing into the man.

Todoroki couldn't utter a word at your ressurement due to the forty foot flytrap in front of you both. A bead of sweat was gathered at his temple and his mouth parted in shock.

Perhaps if you'd given him a better warning than 'you wanna see something cool?' before summoning Snappy, he wouldn't have had such a big reaction.

You tilted your head upwards to look at Todoroki's face who finally looked down at you with a barrage of questions. His arms were wrapped tightly around you and your back flush against his chest, still in the position he'd intinctively pulled you to when he'd first seen the beast-plant burst from the ground right in front of you.

If it'd been any other scenario, the sudden proximity between faces would have driven him crazy but he was much more focused on your calmness towards the flytrap.

You smiled at the upside-down view you had of him and grabbed onto his forearms to get comfortable instead of pushing him off,"Todoroki, this is Snappy. He's part of my quirk and I never knew until now. In case you can't tell, he's sentient, so play nice", you laughed.

Todoroki swallowed. It was hard to get used to the idea that such a colossal plant with intelligence was part of your quirk but if you trusted it, he'd trust you. A squeeze to his arms brought his gaze from 'Snappy' back to you and you gave him a smile,"Also, very hero-like of you to try protecting me when you first saw him. I feel safer than ever", you jokingly motioned to his arms around you.

The man's cheeks reddened when he had a better grasp of the position you were in but he didn't pull away. He nodded and pressed his mouth into a thin line as you started describing how you discovered the flytrap, focusing on your bright eyes as they stayed on him and your lips moving.

Todoroki put a fist to his mouth as he coughed in embarrassment,"The plant...", he started once you stopped talking.

"Snappy", you reminded him.

Todoroki nodded as he looked at your face, upside-down but entrancing as ever,"Does it drain your quirk?"

You shook your head with a grin,"Not at all!!If anything he can help me regain it. It's why I'm not hungry anymore, like I told you earlier."

You felt bad for almost laughing when Todoroki had taken you outside so you could photosynthesize. In the same afternoon, you'd ended up getting rid of your hunger in a pretty similar way. Maybe he knew your quirk better than you.

"What do you think?", you finally asked him. Todoroki looked at the plant with uncertainty. It looked powerful no doubt, and it stood still in its spot, not doing anything you weren't ordering it to. It would probably be very effective and helpful against villains...but something about it didn't sit right with him.

"It's...green."

You rolled your eyes, taking his answer as a joke,"That's my entire quirk but sure, I'll take it. Snappy, I'll see you later!!"

Todoroki felt strangely good about you dismissing the plant and watching it dig its way back into the hole it came from.

"Since I kind of already trained today", you started once you two were alone and his eyes fell back on you,"What do you say if we just hang out?"

Todoroki felt so priviledged having you cutely look up at him within his arms and ask to spend time with him. It was filling him with an urge to squeeze you to his heart's content. He smiled and nodded, placing a kiss on your forehead again and you blushed at how easily he was getting used to showing affection like you.