22 - Smoky Victim

Your eyes widened. His ill look made sense now but the entire situation was still beyond you. Had Dabi really broken into Endeavor's household thinking that just by asking you to treat him, you'd do it, no questions asked?

Whatever poison he seemed to be dealing with wasn't enough to prevent him from eyeing you with an arrogant smile,"You're usually bad-mouthin' me worse by now. What's the matter? You're not upset with me, are you-?"

One step your direction was all he managed before a pillar of ice shot to Dabi's stomach and launched him to the wall. He hit it with full force, his cocky facade breaking as he slid down while choking on his own air from the gasp he'd taken in.

You'd seen him grabbing onto his abdominal area before. Clearly, it was a sensitive spot.

Todoroki pinned his elbow to Dabi's throat before he slid all the way down. The hero had a vile look in his eye; it laid somewhere between tactical and livid.

"Give me one reason I shouldn't let my ice go straight through your chest."

Dabi's eyes were scrunched in irritation. You got the feeling it was directed both at Todoroki and the pain he felt that prevented him from fighting back,"Because you heroes preach the 'equal value of lives'. You're already a fraud, but killing me would make it even more obvious, don't you think?"

Todoroki's breath came out frozen,"I value the mud on your shoes more than your life."

Dabi grinned sneeringly,"Ouch. I'd cry, but my tear ducts are burnt."

You shuffled off the bed as fast as you could and grabbed onto Todoorki's arm,"Wait, Shoto, don't!!This might be what we've been waiting for!!"

Two sets of eyes landed on you. You adressed Todoroki in the most soothing manner you could,"Dabi 100% deserves death-"

"Easy, sweetheart. I'm right here."

Todoroki snapped his head back to Dabi and forced more pressure on his throat. The villain's attitude faltered again and you went for Todoroki's attention before he could take it too far,"but we can't kill him!!As scummy as he is, he's right--we don't kill. This is also a one in a lifetime opportunity. The villain I've been after for so long is right in front of me, weaker than ever. He still wouldn't be strong enough to run away by himself even if I do treat him. I think...I think I should treat him...and you should call Endeavor so he can be here soon after I'm done. Endeavor can definitely deal with him."

Nothing could've prepared you to have both men voice dismayed complaints at once.

"(Name), you can't expect me to agree. This bastard's been the biggest threat to your life as of late!"

"Fuckin' awesome. I'd have laid down and died in some random alley if I knew you'd call that shithead."

"He won't be a threat anymore if we do this, Shoto", you pleaded,"I really think this is the right thing to do. It'll stop him from taking any more lives and we're still fulfilling our duty in a moral way."

Todoroki's eyes went to Dabi's in disagreement. For once, they were quiet. Neither of them backed down from the forming stare off as Todoroki responded,"Some dogs don't deserve the moral way. Not in the bigger picture."

You gasped. Never had you heard him say something like that. The man didn't often voice his opinons and in the few times you heard them, they were never something so extreme. His belief disturbed you but you understood more than anyone how upset he must be. Todoroki had grown incredibly attached to you so when facing the villain after you, it made sense he'd be so on edge.

You shook off all unease before turning to Dabi,"Also, why'd you come to me with the assumption I can do anything about poison?"

Dabi shot you an irritated look,"Save the act, doll. The nutjob kept an eye on you before we invaded your little camp, all wooed and noisy about your looks. She saw you treat some brat that was poisoned too."