36 - Fool's Faith

You hadn't worn your new hero costume too many times yet. Its improvements still made you smile; your body was way less exposed without jeopardizing your quirk's advantages in the sunlight. As you stared at Todoroki though, it dawned on you that he'd influenced your costume to the point of changing it completely while he kept the same design from freshman year.

You hummed in thought. Todoroki walked beside you, unaware of your neverending stare. An idea popped into your head and you slammed the side of your first onto your palm,"That'd be cute!"

His eyes trailed to yours in quiet bemusement. Todoroki tilted his head,"What is it?"

You paid no mind to him yet as you willed a familiar flower to sprout from the concrete under you and plucked it. It had a particularly long stem. Without thinking much of it, you slipped a finger under Todoroki's belt. The man flinched violently and restrained your wrist, his face beet red,"Love...we're in public."

You burst into a giggle,"That's not what I was trying to do. Yet, anyways."

"Then?", his grip on you relaxed. You slid the long stem through the small gap between his costume and belt before wrapping it around and tying it together. His eyes widened,"Oh."

"We're matching!", you beamed,"You're the reason I have a bunch of camellias on my head. Now you'll have one too. I infused my energy in it so your quirk won't damage it. You'll have no excuse to not have it, mister."

A quiet contentment spread through him. It was a small detail but the idea made him feel closer. Todoroki nodded with a tiny smile. Your warning wasn't necessary; he'd treasure the flower, solely because it came from you.

You returned an appreciative smile. He didn't treat you differently despite the small crowd that lagged behind, photographing and recording. A frequent occurrence considering your evergrowing status but at least the tailgating would be over soon. Your destination was just ahead.

Truth be told, the destination bothered you more than the crowd. Seeing Endeavor at home was normal...but his agency? It'd been years since you set foot in that building. Whatever the reason to call you both in, it wouldn't be good. The man was an expert at mortifying you with each encounter.

To cope with the worry, you joked,"I wonder if we're getting a spanking."

Todoroki was just as much in the dark about this but he shook his head confidently,"We're not in trouble. My father doesn't have authority over our professional lives. It's more likely he needs us for a mission."

"That's so much worse! He's the number one hero, what are we supposed to handle that he can't? I'm telling you. One way or another, it's a spanking, and I'll expect you to sacrifice your cheeks for me."

He chuckled softly,"If it makes you happy."

The crowd was forced to stay behind once you crossed ornamental gates. You were in private property now. Glass doors were all that separated you from the flaming silhouette of Endeavor as he faced another figure, their movements suggesting that they were mid-conversation before the automatic doors opened as you neared. 

Your throat ran dry at the golden-brown irises that met yours. The color wasn't clear through his yellow lenses but having spent all your teenage years idolizing the winged pro-hero, you recognized him easily and froze like a deer in headlights.

Endeavor was quick to dive into a scrutinizing demeanor at the sight of you,"Were you raised in a barn? Announce yourself. You're in a place of business."

Hawks let out a 'pff',"Don't listen to him. The old man's cranky because he missed his bingo session."

"...How old do you take me for?", Endeavor's question came out as a challenge that the blond ignored as he flashed you a grin.