9 - Home

"I just- I don't know, Todoroki. I can air my apartment out, and if it takes longer than a day, I'm sure a hotel won't hurt me."

"That's not what this is about."

Unease was an understatement for what you felt. Todoroki was carrying both your bags and his own, which in any other case you wouldn't let him, but you were more concerned about where he was taking them. His tone when he'd told you his plans showed they weren't up for debate.

Todoroki set the bags down to look at you properly for the first time during the walk and you nearly recoiled at his gaze when it landed on you. Last time you'd seen it on him, it had been seconds before he'd frozen half the stadium of the sports festival during your first year.

"Dabi's planning to meet you. We both know it's not to talk. It's better for him to not be able to reach you, and he wouldn't break into the number one hero's household."

You shifted uncomfortably. Not only did he have a point but his eyes conveyed you didn't have a choice in the matter, "I guess..."

Todoroki's eyes softened at the uncertainty in your tone. It hadn't been his intention to come off so harshly but his emotions had taken over when he'd picked up the note to read it for himself. He took a few steps closer and you stiffened up in surprise; you were the one who'd usually invade his personal space, not the other way around.

"(Last Name), let me make sure you're okay. If staying at someone else's house bothers you that much, only stay with us until we know your quirk can fully protect you. I'll train you everyday. For both our sakes."

You tried not to feel too odd about the proximity between you two as he looked down at you with pleading eyes. This hadn't even been the closest your faces had been but something about him being behind the closeness rather than you made it feel completely different. You scolded your brain for the drastically different reaction it was having.

Then again, combined with the level of concern he was showing, it was hard for your heart to not skip a beat. You'd never seen him show such raw emotion. It made you happy he'd come to care for you that much. You smiled.

"Then it looks like I'm staying at the Todoroki's for now."

The sentence dissipated all kinds of distress he'd been feeling for the past hour. He nodded and began gathering all the bags, not minding your rush to grab at least one to help out, and continued his path to his home. You spoke up with a much more lighthearted tone and it made him happy to know your negative feelings had faltered,"So, does this mean I'll be seeing Endeavor all the time?"

Todoroki shook his head,"My father and brother aren't usually home. You'll see my sister a lot."

He watched you perk up in excitement,"Oh my god, you have a sister?I can't wait to meet her. We'll make an alliance against everyone else in the house."

Todoroki had to admit that the thought of you being involved with his family warmed his heart. He gave you a small smile,"You can introduce yourself to her after getting sleep. It's almost 5 am."

You cringed,"Yeesh. Last time we slept was after the garden, can you believe that?"

"You slept in the bus", he reminded you. You waved your hand as if dismissing him. You could see the traditional japanese-style buildings off in the distance and your eyes shone with awe.

"God, I forget how big your place is!!", your tone changed after and he knew the type of joke coming next from the mischevious look in your eyes,"It'll take me forever to find your room in the middle of the night. Don't worry though, I'll find it."

He silently put his palm over your face to push you away as a response, partly also to keep you from seeing his blush, and you laughed despite your mouth being smothered. You lightly slapped his hand away.