Sparks Will Fly

Y/n: Run diagnostics now, Lyla.

She complied and small sparks flew out of the suit's mask. You groaned for the 4th time in as many attempts.

Y/n: Purge power, Lyla.

The sparks stopped and you shook your head.

Y/n: I've tried every other energy solution. But I just can't make this work.

You had built the general design of the suit and made it similar to your Dad's except changed some small details, and the materials were made out of the ones from your previous suit which you had cut out thanks to laser cutting. Now you were struggling with the display system.

You sat upside down on the ceiling of your and America's personal lab space. Anyone could've walked and seen you like this but you weren't focused on that at the moment

You webbed the mask and pulled it towards you. You turned it inside out and examined the wiring which displayed an exposed wire.

You web a pair of tongs to you and slowly pull the rubber over the exposed wire to insulate it.

The door beeped as someone entered the room. You looked at where the eyes would be in the mask and sighed.

Kate: Working hard?

You look to Kate who you had just noticed had entered. You jumped down from the roof and greeted her with a little wave.

Y/n: Hey.

You fixed your hair to its normal style and went to type way on the laptop next to the rest of the suit which was charging. Kate went behind you and hugged you.

Kate: Are you okay?

You sighed. You have been AWOL for a few days trying to build this suit. It was natural your girlfriend was worried. Wait, is she your girlfriend? You never really talked about it before. But you also didn't tell the others. Did she want it that way?

Y/n: Yeah, fine. It's just... I can't do this.

Kate: Well, I can take a look.

You scoffed a little and turned around.

Y/n: Kate, no offence, but I don't think you know any more about technology than me.

She pouted a little and you pulled her closer to you.

Kate: Okay, maybe I know nothing about tech and just wanted to see you.

Y/n: Aw you'd do that just for me?

You said sarcastically but She smiled and kissed you. You switched positions in the middle of the kiss so that she leaned slightly on the counter.

You picked her up and put her on the counter and she yelped a little. You left from in between her to pick up a tool and she got comfortable on the counter.

Kate: Soo. What is it your working on anyway?

She crossed her legs and peered over at you. You unscrewed one of the lenses from the mask and put it on the side.

Y/n: New suit. Other one got trashed after-

Kate: You got beat up by two girls.

You looked at her jokingly offended.

Y/n: I'll have you know that those "girls" both had dangerous weapons which could have killed me.

Kate: Yeah? Like what?

Kate giggled slightly.

Y/n: Well one had razor-sharp wings. And the other had a poisonous stinger. Don't know why you laughing you have a bow.