A Most Mysterious Mystery

You swung onto the side of the building and landed on the glass, seeing your reflection. That healing factor is a lifesaver, literally.

Wanda floated beside you, similarly to how Jean does, removing the pink telekinesis and replacing it with red Magic.

Wanda: I believe our user resides here.

She held out her hand which you took confused. She phased through the wall and brought you with her into the building.

Y/n: That felt... So weird.

You dropped to the floor as you were slightly raised above the ground as you went through the window.

Wanda: You get used to it.

She dropped likewise as you took in your surroundings. It was your nightmare. An office cubicle block.

It was empty and lacked any extravagant colours which made it look more lifeless than it did and the cubicles looked like an optical illusion with how many there were and how identical they looked.-

Y/n: Wanda, I haven't been doing this thing for a long time. But I don't think a villain is hiding here.

You whispered as her eyes scanned the surroundings. Her eyes turned deep red again as she continued to look around.

Wanda: He's here. I can sense him.

She picked up herself and floated through the walkway of the office while you followed close behind her.

This office didn't just look empty it felt empty. There were no noises to occupy the isolated cubicles that had the usual items within them.

You and Wanda proceeded forward until you came to a window, presumably to the other side of the building. Wanda stared at the blacked-out window for a minute before turning around as you sighed.

Y/n: We just walked across the whole building. For no reason.

Wanda: No. We were just here.

You looked at her confused as she turned around and gazed back down the way you came.

Y/n: What do you mean?

She pointed where she was looking and you followed her finger to see the same display of the office you saw when you first entered the building.

Y/n: Freaky.

Wanda dropped to the ground.

Wanda: Wait here.

She began to walk down the row of cubicles, only taking seconds before she disappeared from view. You went on your toes to look over the cubicles but she was lost in sight. A tap appeared on your shoulder and you looked to see Wanda next to you.

Y/n: H-how did... How did you get here?

Wanda: I don't know. I just walked.

A banging noise was heard, as if something hit the floor. You looked at Wanda before looking back straight.

Y/n: I'm gonna check that out.

Before you could take a step forward, Wanda grabbed your hand roughly and pulled you back.

Wanda: No! I mean. No. Let's stay here. Yeah?

You looked at her as she gained a soft smile which looked off. You gently shook off her hand and looked back straight with a chuckle.

Y/n: I'll be okay, Mom.

You jokily called her Mom and she gained a relaxed face. You shook your head before proceeding forward cautiously.