Beaten Not Broken

(10 Months later)

Kate: Just... A little... More.

Kate got interrupted by Morgan who broke off the lock to the door using her Iron gauntlet which retracted after its task.

Everyone began to pour into Horizon's main lobby as Kate put her lock-picking equipment in her pocket with an annoyed face.

Kate: Of course, why learn how to pick locks when you have a friend who can just break them?

You interlocked your hand with hers as you walked into the building which gave her a small smile as you proceed down the dark hallways of Horizon.

It was the middle of the night, thus explaining why the hallways were not lit up like during school hours.

The school looked weird at night, the bustling hallways were instead filled with nothing but the group. America lit the way using the glow she gained when she activated her powers.

Billy: This is spooky.

You came to a sort of intersection in the halls where you all looked at each other.

Riri: Should we split up?

Kamala: This is usually the part in the horror movie where people die.

Miles: Sounds fun, I call Morgan!

He put his arm around Morgan who returned the action.

Kamala: Fine, I call-

You interrupted Kamala by lifting your hand which was still connected with Kate's. She sighed but America lightly punched her shoulder which caught her attention.

Everyone got in pairs with Janet making a three with Danny and Jean.

Morgan: Okay, meet back here in five and if your partner gets killed, save yourself.

Danny: Charming.

You and Kate went down the leftmost hall, she had her hand tightly clenched around yours as you proceeded.

Y/n: Scared?

Kate: You're telling me your not?

Y/n: When you have Spider powers, it kinda takes the fun out of it.

Despite saying this, you were a little creeped out by the visuals of the school. Ever have that thought that the teachers slept at school? Yeah, you never really stopped thinking about that.

The fact was that if someone jumped out at you right now, you wouldn't hesitate to hit them with full force. So when you heard the scrape of a footstep near you, you turned around with your fist up.

Kate flinched at your suddenness but looked where you did to see nothing.

Kate: What was that tough guy?

You smiled and looked back at her, lowering your fist as you spoke.

Y/n: I can see you, Billy.

There was a second before Billy appeared in a puff of red smoke, surprising Kate.

Billy: Aw man, really thought I was gonna get you.

Kate looked between you and Billy repeatedly with a confused face.

Kate: How did... I mean who did... I hate you.

Y/n: I'll take that as a compliment.

You pulled her close before kissing her. Billy just looked at the floor with awkwardness. You broke the kiss and looked at Billy.

Y/n: Did you see where Jean went?

Billy: I think so, why?

You gained a mischievous smile.