33| The Rise°

"I don't know why he brought me out to Mexico." Robby told his girlfriend through the phone, she was in California and he was in Mexico.

Johnny and him have bonded and now the man dragged the boy out there. "Well just be safe, me and my dad almost got robbed. Well mostly my dad for being white but still."

"I will, love you." Robby smiled, even if the girl couldn't see him. There was shit internet so they didn't have the option to face time.

"Who's that?" He looked up and saw Johnny coming up with a bag of stuff. "It's Avery."

"Love you too Robert." Johnny grabbed the phone, and started talking to the girl. "He'll be back without a scratch I promise you."

"He better Johnny, I'm counting on you to keep him safe." The older man nodded, ending the call and giving back the phone. "Mexican cokes."

Robby furrowed his eye brows, "I think here they're just cokes." He stood up when Johnny started pulling out more things from the bag.

"Mexican candy. Chichi-Aron's. And just picked up this badass cell phone. It's got 60 minutos on it. That's, like, 300 American minutes."

Robby chuckled, his dad was so old school and white. "And I got you a little something so sat, "Welcome to Mexico." Don't tell me it's offensive."

"We bought it in Mexico. It's their idea. And here. Gift number two." The older man unfolded a shirt to travel 3 bold letters. 'FBI'

Robby grabbed it kinda concerned. "Turn it around." When he did it made more sense. The FBI meant 'female body inspector' all bolded too.

Johnny started laughing, "Isn't that great? I got one for me too." Robby sighed then decided to get straight to the point. What are they doing there?

"What are we actually doing here?"  Johnny looked around, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Don't say it's a father-son bonding thing. We could've done that 500 miles ago." The older man took off his red shades.

"This is a father-son bonding thing. There's something to take care off first." That had Robby more confused.

Johnny hadn't said anything, taking that as a hint to go into the van with an eagle painted on it.

The car roared alive, driving out the spot they were in the two continued on their journey in Mexico.

"Okay, so we're here to get Miguel-"

"You have got to be kidding me!" The teenager complained, "How could you take me to Mexico and not mention once we're coming to get Miguel?"

"Like, "Come on Robby, let's go to Mexico. Come back with some stories."" He rolled his eyes, angry at his father for his actions.

"I wasn't bullshitting you. I wanna fix out relationship. When I heard Miguel was in trouble, I had to do something."

"I just couldn't leave you at home. Im done doing that. Besides, I need your help to find Miguel."

"My help? Do you even have a plan?" Johnny looked at his son dumbfounded at that questions "Yeah, of course I do. Miguel's looking for Hector Salazar."

" I know where the kid gets off the bus. That's our first stop." He turned his attention back to the road.

"When we get there, what do you plan on doing?" Robby further questioned.

"I'll ask around if anyone saw Miguel." Johnny answered. "That's the big plan?" "Of course not."