37| Sekai Taikai

"Why weren't you at the dojo yesterday?" Tory questioned Avery.

The girl shrugged, practicing in her punches. "I've just been thinking things out about this dojo."

"That's not true." The familiar voiced echoed through the dojo. Both girls looked over and saw Daniel, Johnny, Chozen, and Amanda.

"And who are you?"

"I'm sensei Daniel LaRusso. Two-time All Valley champion."

"Sensei Johnny Lawrence. Also two-time champion."

"Chozen Toguchi. Master sensei." He bowed, one of the other men bowed.

"Amanda LaRusso, karate adjacent." She bowed awkwardly too.

"Cobra Kai isn't the only dojo in the Valley." "So you represent another dojo?" Daniel nodded but Johnny didn't.

"Not just any dojo. We have champions from the past two All Valleys." The man in a suit looked at Terry.

"You led us to believe that your dojo had all the titles."

"Honesty isn't exactly Cobra Kai's strong suit. Our dojo is truly unique." Terry was trying to find the words to talk back but couldn't find any.

"We've combined out different styles to train our students into the best fighters I've ever seen."

"And they deserve a shot at your tournament just as much as Cobra Kai." Daniel finished.

The men started to speak In Japanese then Korean. Terry chuckled nervously. "My apologies for this inappropriate yes entertaining disruption."

"But may I remind our guests that they haven't traveled all this way to consider anyone but the very best."

"No we have not. Now that we're here we'll determine that for ourselves. We will see what your dojo has to offer."

"And yours." The group smiled at each other. "We expect a comprehensive exhibition of your training method's and your student's abilities."

"And then we will see if either dojo is worthy of the Sekai Taikai."

"Thank you very much. You won't be disappointed." Daniel spoke.

"Well, as they say, the more the merrier." Terry turned his body towards the group. "May the best dojo win."

"We will. And when we do, I'm gonna shove that ponytail straight up your ass." Amanda chuckles.

"You can translate that."

"Okay. All right." Chozen bowed and left with the others.

"I thought they would stop teaching after the tournament?"

"I know. Me too." Tory grabbed some equipment to help Devon train. "This shit is gonna be on tv!"

"There's corporate sponsors. We're gonna make a fortune."

"I don't think students get paid, only Sensei Terry and Kim plus all those others."

"I mean, not directly, but we're gonna be insta-famous. Gonna get me one of those branded partnerships. You can put yourself through college with one of those." The older girls sighed.

"I never even thought about college." Tory said, "Me neither."

"As long as we make sure Cobra Kai wins." That made both of them get flashbacks.  "You guys okay?"

"Yeah." They said at the same time. "Elevate your kicks, kick higher." Tory spat, Devon nodded doing as told.

...