36| Realization°

"I thought she fought perfectly." Terry said, Tory and Avery were checking the place out. 'Topanga karate'

The girls were behind the new sensei and Terry, hands behind their back.

"Topanga Karate is now under new management. We're thrilled to be part of the Cobra Kai family."

"Thank you, Sensei Rosenthal." Avery looked around the students and met eyes with the girl she fought at the tournament, 'Devon'

She was a good opponent even if it was the first tournament she had and only trained for like 2 weeks.

"Yes, there will be some changes. All for the better. And I hope you don't mind your dues getting cheaper."

"You'll be given a new sensei."

"For today, Sensei Kim and Sensei Hyan-Woo." The original sensei of Topanga karate walked up to Terry with a confused look.

"Topanga Karate" Terry just walked away from him. "has spent the last few years taking losses left and right."

"That ends today. My new Sensei's will be molding you all into winners, just like our own All Valley tournament champion, Tory Nichols."

Tory stepped up. "Id you wanna be taught by the best of the best, step up and take a gi from sensei Odell."

"If you wanna quit then take a complimentary thermos from Sensei Bacaria, as my gift to you."

Mostly everyone in the class took the gi. "Silver your will me." Terry pointed to Avery about to walk out.

"No. Take champion, your granddaughter stays with me. She needs to learn a lesson for loosing tournament."

Terry was hesitant for a moment. "Alright, Avery you stay Nichols your with me." The girls both looked at each other then nodded to their Sensei's.

Tory and Terry left leaving Avery, Kim and the other sensei. "I need to see who best fighters are, you will help me test. There will also be lessons you need to learn so pay attention."

"Yes, Sensei." Avery sighed, bowing.

When everyone got into their gi's the lesson begun, the class getting into rows. "Show me knife strike, palm strike, back fist. Five up, five down."

She then said begin in Korean. Avery looked to see the only girl in blue, standing alone. The girl was Devon.

Devon started walking over to a dummy and doing was was told. Avery approached the girl, "Keep walking."

Avery furrowed her eye brows, "Fine. But you'll break your hand if you hit someone like that." She raised her voice. "I know what I'm doing."

Devon gave a glare, going back to punching dummy. "Hit me."

She looked at her up and down before turning her body then getting into a fighting position. Devon went to palm strike in the face but Avery caught her hand, pushing it back. "Wrong."

She went over to the dummy and strikes it with a knife strike. Devon's eyes widened. "You know how it's called knife strike right?"

The girl nodded, "You gotta keep your hand sharp, like a knife."

Avery backed up to give Devon a try who did it and did better than all the other attempts. "Better, I think you approve more though."

Avery thought for a moment before bringing up the gi. "Why are you still in that gi? Don't think you have what it takes?"

"I'm still deciding whether your dojo has what it takes to earn me." Devon snapped at her. "Did you forget who beat your ass at the tournament?"