35

♡♤♢♧

♡♤♢♧

You followed Usagi to find Arisu. "He's one floor below!", you called out as you saw Arisu running away from Queen of Spades.

"I got this.", Usagi jumped over the railing and landed between Arisu and Queen of Spades.

"Go!", she demanded to Arisu, "She's after you, Arisu." He hesitated but then whirled around and started to run.

You watched Usagi and Queen of Spades fighting and quickly scanned the area around you. When you checked back to Usagi, they both were gone. "Oh no."

After the 14th round started you finally found Arisu and Usagi. She was looking terrible, probably like you did. Queen of Spades had beaten her up and bruises covered her body.

"I've got an idea. Come with me.", she said. She grabbed Arisu's hand and pulled him with him, you followed them.

As three players stood under us, she attacked them and pressed their buttons. "Usagi, we need at least five more.", Arisu went to her, "There's a bunch upstairs."

"I got them.", you nodded to him and rushed upstairs. You ran after every player you could see until the round changed, then you were running away from them.

"Round 16, the challenger Team's turn, will now commence. It's the last round. The round lasts for five minutes. Start."

As you realized more players got back to the team, you exhaled relieved. You made your way back to the start as the round was about to finish.

You saw players waiting there already. You exhaled and sat down on the ground.

"We did it!", someone yelled and you looked up to the screen.

"Challenger Team. Game Clear."

"Thank god.", you whispered. You closed your eyes and at once you felt the pain in your shoulder again. You eyed your bandage and could see blood.

Players continued to celebrate when your eyes spotted Queen of Spades. "I don't know how you persuaded everyone, but well done Miss Hypocrite.", she spoke.

"I simply want to get out of this land with the people precious to me. That's all.", Usagi replied.

Queen of Spades scoffed, "Oh, really? We're a hell of a lot freer here. I like it here better than in that rigid, repressive world."

"Just as I thought.", Arisu explained, "You all were players like us and have stayed in this world. Isn't that right?"

You hissed as you got up on your feet, making your way to Usagi and Arisu. All of a sudden Queen of Spades walked between you three.

"You'll find out once all the games are over.", she continued to walk. "When they're all over?", Arisu asked.

"So there is a chance to get back home?", you inquired.

"You'll know the answer to that only after you've cleared the last one.", she walked to the railing. Arisu kept questioning her and she studied him with a smile.

"The game is over for all members of the Queen Team."

"I want to live free until the very end. Sayonara.", she smiled at us before grabbing the railing and jumping over it.

You gasped as she spinned on her back and letting herself fall. A laser went through her head and seconds later you heard her body hitting the ground.

-

After the three of you had left, you stopped at a convenience store to eat something. "We've cleared the King of Clubs game.", Arisu told you.

"Tell me about it.", you focused on him. "Well..", he started to explain, "Niragi was the first to participate, so we were forced to play with him in our team."

You choked on your food when he mentioned Niragi. "Niragi is still alive?" Usagi nodded, "His whole body is burned. He has bandages around it but I saw him coughing blood."

You gulped and stared at your feet. "Anyway.", Arisu continued, "It was five against five. Kyūma-" "Kyūma?!", you exclaimed.

Arisu and Usagi looked at you in surprise. "You know.. Kyūma?" "If he was naked then hell yeah I do. I owe him my life since he saved me in my first game here."

"Y/N..", you looked to Arisu, "He was the King of Clubs." "He's dead?", you whispered. Usagi carefully took your hand and Arisu started to tell you everything.

"I don't know about you two but I'll go look for them." "Kuina said that too..", Usagi watched you, "But they could be everywhere in Tokyo and the King of Spades is still out there."

Arisu agreed, "We should try to win all the games that are left to play." "I know but they're our friends.", you looked out of the window.

The three of you walked outside after you had finished eating. You were walking down the street when you slowly stopped. A pharmacy was to the right. "Arisu, Usagi. Let's meet with the others for the last game."

"Y/N.", Usagi protested, "It's too dangerous."

"The King of Spades is still murdering everyone. If we split up we have a better chance. We'll find each other again.", you hugged them before heading to the pharmacy, thinking of a certain someone.

- - - - -

Who's your favourite citizen of Borderland? I don't think I can decide to one specific person since they all are interesting.