38

A month has passed already. I finally was able to return to work but on light duty. I am finally off my pain pills.

Jane how you doing? I am doing great. How did the trials go on walkers accomplices? They all got serious time. We won't have to worry about them for many years. Is Frost around? Yes. I need to serve him myself.  I figured I was coming here to meet Janice that I would serve him. Oh he is going to be pissed. I know that is the fun of it. Your nuts. No nor really but teasing him is a good thing. I am off to the jail for a meeting.

Yilena left and I went to find Frost.

Frost and Janice were laughing

Hey Partner.  Hey twin. Janice shut the hell up. So sensitive. Fuck you. Whatever! Frost this is especially for you.

I hand it to him.

Barry Frost I will see you at 8 tomorrow at court. Dammit it Jane.  Love you. No you don't.  Janice and I laughed.   I went Janice in the conference room so we could talk about a case she had worked on.

As I was leaving I ran into my cousin Joey who was checking the sprinkler and other safety measures of the sheriff dept. 
Hey Joey. Hi Jane.  How is the fireworks  doing? Hillary is doing well.  She is leaving the  Kitt now.  Lupe told me she just moved in there last weekend. Yeah no marriage yet.  Kitt is doing well Maura said. Yeah he is enjoying working for his parents art gallery here. I am glad everything worked out for her and the family. They do make a cute couple. I better get going. We have to drain the water here too. Yeah I saw  Severide’s team doing the same for my work. Love you. Love you too.

I left and drove to my daughter's business. Maura,Dorothy, Olivia, Eric , my daughter and myself were going for lunch at the country club after we played golf. I was glad Maura was taking days off at the clinic not just the days they are closed.

 I was glad Maura was taking days off at the clinic not just the days they are closed

I finally arrived before the lunch crowd arrived and got us a table for us all.  Olivia has already reserved a time for us all.

Hi mom.  Hi baby girl and Dorothy.  Have a seat. Everyone should be here soon. Mom I asked Nazanin pand Diandra to come too. Good the more the merrier. Antonio couldn't  make it. His vacation got canceledl.  Oh boy! Yup he, and Kevin had to cancel their vacations. Drew, uncles Frankie and Tommy and auntie Laura went to Virginia without them to auntie Katelyn's mansion. At they will have fun.

Hi Diandra and Nazanin it's nice to see you ladies. Thsnk you for having us. Neither of us wanted to go in vacation without the guys especially it was only couples. We will have fun.

Everyone else arrived. We ordered lunch and beverages. While we waited for our lunch,we sipped on our beverages and agreed 500 per person to go to Italy's Vincent Korsaks children's shelter. We all got our cell phones out and transferred 500 via zelle or venmo after Maura called to make sure the account number was the same.

Nazanin how's your business going? It's going well with being at the new location.  I just returned from Santa Barbara the other day completing three beach homes and a hotel for a few new customers who saw my website that Dorothy updated for me. How is Rachel and Arienne doing after losing another baby. They are dealing with it . It's hard. They decided no more trying.  They have given up even the possibility of being foster parent or adopting as well. They  bkth tried and both had a few miscarriages each . They never knew the genders. Arrienne cast mates have been very supportive to both.  I appreciate Olivia and Maura talking to them. We wanted to support them as much as we could without hovering over them.  Thank you.

Our food arrived and we ate. We left to get the golf carts and start golfing.

Maura won today. We finally said goodbye and hugged everyone and left.

I went to work on the case that Frost was being subpoena for on behalf of my client.  Maura left to go see Katelyn.