S01:E05

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Carmen finally let up and allowed Miguel to do karate again. Maya started to spend her days at the dojo again, but Miguel started to notice her giggling at her phone more. He suspected she'd get a partner quickly, boys and girls tended to fall for Maya fairly quickly, but she hadn't told him about anyone she was interested in.

Now that was weird for Maya. If she liked someone, she usually wouldn't shut up about them. She'd even talk about them at dinner, which Ya-Ya usually enjoyed. When she giggled again, Miguel sighed, putting his arms down and out of his fighting stance.

"Maya, who are you texting?" Miguel asked, Maya quickly coming up with a joking response.

"Your mom." Miguel rolled his eyes, he hated how that was Maya's response to everything.

"We have the same mom, Maya." She shrugged. "I'm being serious, Maya." Maya turned to look at him from her seat. He'd gotten really good at karate recently and he was very adamant about still protecting Maya.

"I'm texting a boy, who's very cute, and who goes to school with us. That's all you're getting." Maya looked back at her phone, almost immediately smiling. Miguel thought it was weird that she wouldn't tell him who it was, they always told each other everything.

"You gotta let her fight her own battles, Diaz." Miguel sighed, shaking his head. Maya was his twin sister, but since he was a whole two minutes older, he thought it only made sense for him to protect her.

"She's my baby sister, I have to protect her," Miguel grunted as he punched Sensei's hand again.

"I thought you were twins." Johnny furrowed his eyebrows.

"Well yeah, but I'm older," Miguel muttered, punching again.

Maya didn't hear them talking about her, she was too busy texting Eli. She was glad that Miguel didn't know her password to her phone, or else he'd probably snoop in her texts. Half of the time Maya told Miguel she was going to her friend Moon's house, she was really going to hang out with Eli. The other half of the time she was actually going to hang out with Moon.

When Eli and Demetri hung out or slept over at their house, Eli would hang out with Maya whenever Miguel wasn't with them. Sometimes Maya would hang out with the boys, but most of the time she left them alone. When Maya heard the bell above the door ring, she looked up and saw Aisha.

"What the hell? No yoga till five. No matter how bad you need it." Johnny announced, taking off his padded gloves.

"Um, I'm actually here for karate. I saw your website. It said that there was supposed to be a session today." Aisha spoke softly, toying with her fingers.

"I appreciate you coming in, but there are no girls in Cobra Kai." Maya immediately looked at Johnny, who looked at her as well. "Sorry." He whispered.

"Why not?" Aisha asked, she was desperate to defend herself from the people at school.

"Same reason there aren't women in the Army. Doesn't make sense." Maya rolled her eyes, sometimes Johnny was incredibly stupid.

"Uh, Sensei, I need to show you something in the office," Miguel muttered, the both of them walking to Johnny's office.

"I'm sorry Aisha, he's very...old-fashioned I guess." Aisha sighed.

"I just hope he changes his mind." Maya chuckled.

"He probably will." Aisha chuckled.

"So, are you learning?" Maya shook her head.

"Miguel insists on learning so he can protect me and himself." As Maya finished her sentence, Miguel and Johnny walked out of Johnny's office.