S05:E09

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Senior year, the year when most people went to millions of parties and got blackout drunk, it's the year that most people would describe to be the best year of their lives. It was finally here. A couple of months ago Maya thought she'd be dead by now but now was glad she wasn't.

"And if either of you needs help finding a class then you come and find me, okay?" Anthony and Kenny frantically nodded at Maya, this was their first year of high school and they looked scared shitless. "Okay, you two don't have to be so nervous, you always overthink first days like this but I promise you it's not as nerve-wracking as you think it will be." Maya chuckled a bit, she never thought she'd be acting like Anthony's big sister the same way she had with Kenny but here she was.

"Hey, Maya." Hawk smiled, pressing his lips against hers whilst gripping her waist, Maya could help but giggle when she heard Anthony and Kenny mutter "ew" underneath their breaths. "You helping out these newbies?" Hawk asked as he pulled away from Maya. He had to make sure that everyone at this school knew that Maya was his.

"Yeah, and you kinda interrupted," Anthony said, glaring at Hawk. Sam had told Maya that Anthony had a little crush on Maya ever since she helped him at the All Valley, Maya thought it was adorable.

"Someone's jealous," Kenny muttered, Anthony quickly smacking his arm.

"Uh, Maya I was wondering, where'd you get that necklace from?" Maya smiled, tracing the moon on her necklace.

"You like it? It's from Eli." Anthony nodded slowly, secretly wishing that he was Hawk.

"Okay well, we gotta get to class." Hawk urged, clutching Maya's hand in his.

"Okay, you two know where your first class is?" The two boys nodded. "Okay, I'll see you two at lunch." Maya smiled Eli, pulling her away from them as if she were a proud Facebook mom who couldn't let her kids go.

"Don't you think that enough P.D.A for today?" Demi asked, suddenly appearing. It wasn't like they were having sex in the middle of the hallway, they were simply holding hands.

"Okay, you and Yasmine were practically making babies in the corner of the school last year so I'd shut my mouth if I were you." Maya retorted as the three walked into Precalculus. Maya was glad she had the two math wizzes in her class, one would give her the answers and the other would be very determined to teach her. You can probably guess who was who.

~

"What's this about?" Maya asked, her mom had separated Eli and Maya as soon as they came home from school. Johnny took Eli to a room and Carmen sat Maya in the living room.

"Someone's in trouble." Miguel sang, walking down the hall with his Coke.

"Who's in trouble?" Robby shouted from his room.

"No one!" Maya yelled back, glaring at Miguel's back as he turned into his room.

"Well, Maya, me, and Johnny just wanted to talk to the two of you...separately." Carmen started, Emiliana was asleep so Carmen and Johnny had plenty of time to talk.

"About what?" Maya asked, had they done something wrong? Maya was sure her record was squeaky clean recently.

"Well, due to recent events, we thought it would be smart to talk about...protection." Maya felt her entire body heat up.

"Oh my god, no." Maya groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

"Maya, it's necessary-"

"I've learned plenty. I'm on birth control, I know it doesn't work sometimes, most of the time we use a condom, which I also know doesn't work all the time, but with the two of those combined I think I have a zero percent chance of getting pregnant." Maya folded her arms, as her mother stared at her. She knew when her mom was young that they didn't have to best sex education but, although it still wasn't good now, it had gotten better now.

"So you two are um...sexually active?" Maya quickly pursued her lips. "When was the last time?"

"Does it matter?" Carmen raised an eyebrow.

"Like last week, and I'm still on birth control and he wore a condom, and I'm on my period now so obviously it worked." Carmen couldn't help but smile and shake her head. Unfortunately, Johnny's talk wasn't as amusing.

~

"He told me to stop being a horn dog, who the hell says that?!" Eli ranted, Maya was only half listening. When her phone pinged, Eli stopped talking. "Who's that?" He asked, looking over Maya's shoulder.

"Just Robby."

Robby🐍:*attachment-1 image*
Robby🐍:looks like he got what he does after all.

Maya furrowed her eyebrows as she clicked on, what seemed to be a screenshot, the image that Robby had sent. She immediately recognized the face that headed the article.

"What is it?"

"Isaac. He's in jail, for sexual assault." Maya felt mixed emotions. She felt terrible that something had happened to another girl at the hands of this guy, but she was glad that he was behind bars where he belonged.

"Serves him right, bet the prisoners won't be too fond of him." Maya smiled, shaking her head slightly. "Now that I think about it, they might think he'd make a nice jail boyfriend." Maya laughed, Eli, sliding an arm around her waist.

Isaac had gotten what he deserved, and Maya got what she deserved. Happiness.
________________________________
A/n: GUYS IM NOT READY TO END THIS BOOK😭
Word Count:933