S02:E10

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Maya stayed in her bed for the rest of the night and then the next day as well. Miguel brought her food, comforted her when she cried, he even watched TV with her. He wasn't used to seeing Maya cry. She was always the strong one, she was always there for Miguel or her mom or Ya-Ya but Miguel knew he now had to be there for Maya.

"I didn't really have kid-friendly drinks before you two came around." Johnny chuckled a bit as he handed Maya a Pepsi. Johnny knew something was wrong with Maya, even if Carmen hadn't have told him about it, just by the way she looked and acted. She looked tired and miserable, usually, she looked perfect every day. She always dressed nicely with jewelry and some makeup, she never looked like she wore a lazy outfit.

But now, she wore a red hoodie, which he knew was Miguel's, and leggings. Her hair was piled on top of her head, Aisha told him that was a messy bun, and her cheeks were a blotchy red. He could tell she'd been crying.

"What's up, Little Diaz?" Maya opened the can of Pepsi and took a small sip of it. She didn't know why her mom told her she should talk to Johnny about it, but she also felt like she needed to since he was practically her dad already.

"You know there was a party at my friend's house? All of Cobra Kai went." Johnny nodded slowly.

"Yeah, Miguel told me." She nodded.

"Well, I was drinking and this guy slipped something into my drink, and he..." Maya stopped, staring at the table in front of her. Why was it so uncomfortable to say rape? "He sexually assaulted me." Johnny felt his body go stiff. Someone had done that to his student, and at that, his Little Diaz.

"What?"

"He said Miyagi Do had to get back at Cobra Kai." Johnny watched, his heart aching, as Maya's shoulders shook, a tear plopping on the table.

"I'm sorry, Maya. It's not your fault, we can talk to LaRusso and find out who it was and I'll beat the shit out of him." Maya wiped her cheek and grinned at Johnny.

"Thank you, Johnny." Johnny felt obligated to hug her, but he also wanted to. Maya was practically the daughter he never had but always wanted.

"Hey Dad-" Maya looked up as the two pulled away, seeing Robby. Robby saw Maya, she looked so upset but who wouldn't after last night? "Maya, you alright?" Maya nodded slowly. "Hawk doesn't deserve you anyways." Johnny looked at Maya.

"What did Hawk do?"

"We were secretly dating but then Demetri told everyone that apparently he was dared to date me." Maya gulped, shrugging, whenever she spoke about Hawk she could feel the necklace underneath her hoodie even more.

"I could tell you two were dating, I don't know how no one else did." Johnny chuckled a bit.

"Well, I'm gonna go, I'll see you guys later."

~

The first day of school was usually such a great day for Maya. There would be new kids and new friends, and she could show off her new school clothes and jewelry, but she wore a simple white hoodie, flared leggings, and white converses. Anyone who didn't know Maya would probably think she wanted to wear a comfortable but still a bit dressy outfit. Anyone who did would know she was upset.

She walked with Miguel, who promised to be by her side unless Hawk was there, and then he told her she could stay with Tory or Aisha. As Maya and Miguel met with Aisha, Maya stared at the ground. Aisha wore black converses and Miguel wore red Air Forces. When she looked up, she saw a red mohawk not too far away.

"Miggy." He looked up and saw Hawk coming into the school. "I'm gonna go to first hour." Miguel nodded.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second." Maya nodded and walked to the English class that Maya, Miguel, and Hawk shared. She knew Hawk had gotten in because they'd all filled out their schedules together. She walked into the classroom, and sat down in the middle of the classroom but put her backpack in the seat next to her so Miguel would have a seat. Miguel came into the room with Hawk a few seconds before the bell rang. Miguel moved Maya's backpack and sat down beside her, Hawk sat beside him.