S03:E02

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Carmen showed Miguel the gifts he'd been sent by friends and family, and Maya was talking to her own doctor. She went for regular checkups, but Maya wanted to skip them so she could talk to Miguel, however, her mom forced her to go anyways.

"Where's Sensei?" Miguel asked after struggling for a bit. "And Maya?"

"I'm right here, Miggy." Maya huffed, rushing into the room.

"Ms. Carmen Diaz?" Maya's doctor and her mom left the room, Maya placing her hand softly on Miguel's.

"Are you," Miguel struggled to get the words past his lips, "okay?" He asked, gulping.

"Yes, I'm great, Miggy, because you're finally awake." He smiled a bit.

"Your hair." She nodded.

"Do you like it?" Miguel smiled wide.

"Mhm."

After they removed the bars and things from Miguel, they checked him out. Seeing if his arms and legs still worked, but when he couldn't feel his feet and legs, Maya knew something was wrong. So did Miguel when he saw his mom start to cry as the doctor spoke to her outside. Maya pulled out her phone, rubbing Miguel's shoulder a bit.

Maya:Miggy's awake, he wants to see u but you'll have to sneak in

Johnny🫶🏼:okay, thank you Maya

Maya:mhm

~

"I couldn't give two shits that he's sorry, all I want is for him to leave me alone." Miguel listened as Maya ranted about Hawk.

"Hey." The two looked up, seeing Johnny slowly walk through the doorway.

"I'm gonna be outside, okay Miggy?" Miguel nodded, Maya walked out and sat in the seats outside. As she sat down, she got a call.

Tory🧎🏻‍♀️...

She answered she hadn't heard from her since the school fight. She knew she was on parole and she was expelled from school, but she didn't know anything else. Maya missed her, probably more than she missed Hawk, but she knew that she felt bad about what happened to Miguel and Maya didn't know how to reach out to her without making it awkward.

"Tory!" Maya exclaimed, smiling as if she could see her.

"Sorry to disappoint." Maya frowned as she heard Hawk's voice.

"Why are you on her phone?" Maya snapped, hearing Hawk sigh.

"I asked to borrow it so I could call you."

"What do you not understand by I hate you or stay away from me?" Maya didn't know why she hadn't hung up yet, and neither did Hawk. He thought it was a good sign.

"Maya please just let me explain okay? I swear-"

"I don't care about whatever you swear did or didn't happen, okay? All you did was lie and lie! Oh, and by the way, Miguel's awake so come and see him whenever you can. His room is number 124." Maya hung up, hearing Hawk's protests every after she pulled the phone away from her ear.

"Just get out of here!" Maya heard Miguel yell, which made her run into the room. His eyes were wet with tears as he stared at Johnny, Johnny walked out, his head hanging low as Miguel started to cry. Maya climbed up beside Miguel as he placed his head into her neck as he cried.

"It's okay, Miggy," She stroked his hair, "you'll be okay." She stared at the TV in front of her, playing some random show that Miguel probably wasn't even interested in. "We'll be okay." She muttered. She'd make sure Miguel was okay. Whatever it took she would do, and she'd make sure he believed she was okay too.
________________________________
A/n: sorry for the short chapter, this episode was more about Daniel and Johnny trying to find Robby but I hope you still enjoyed it.
Word Count:617