S04:E08

(A/n: just wanted to say that I suck at describing dresses so just know that Harley Diaz's quince dress is the dress that Maya is wearing)
•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Maya didn't want to get ready with Sam, but she had to, her mom wanted Maya to 'mend bridges' with her but that didn't happen. Maya just talked to Amanda most of the time, Amanda helped Maya with her makeup, her hair, and her dress.

"You walk down first so Miguel can gawk at you," Maya whispered to Sam, Miguel asked Sam out with a big poster board and chocolates in the middle of his and Sam's history class. Maya walked down soon after Sam, her mom's eyes went wide and a smile spread across her face quickly.

"Oh, Maya, oh you look so beautiful!" Her mom caressed her hair. Maya wore a sleeveless and strapless dress with a little yellow collar and a see-through mesh until it met the sweetheart neckline of the dress. The top of her dress was yellow and sparkly, her skirt was decorated with yellow flowers and silver sparkles, Maya absolutely loved it.

"The boys will be all over you," Ya-Ya said in Spanish as she smiled, Maya shook her head.

"No, Ya-Ya," Maya said, shaking her head.

"They won't be because you turned them all down for Hawk, and he still didn't ask you out." Miguel chuckled, and Maya smacked his arm.

"Shut the-" Maya paused when she realized there were adults around. "Shut up." He wasn't wrong, but Maya didn't think Hawk would ask her anyway. It was like he lost his confidence in the blink of an eye.

"Picture time. Let's go. Diaze's, get together." Maya grouped with her family, except for Johnny, as they readied for the pictures.

"He looks more and more like his father." Ya-Ya blurted in Spanish. Maya glanced at Ya-Ya, hearing Miguel sigh. From the stories they'd heard, their dad wasn't great, but Miguel and Maya had never met him or seen him. Miguel didn't know whether what Ya-Ya had said was a compliment or an insult, sometimes Ya-Ya told Maya she was acting like her dad and that made Maya want to curl up in a ball and die.

"Mama, maybe we can take a picture with Johnny?" Johnny's head perked up, as Maya waved him over. Maya was happy she finally had some sort of a dad, Johnny was always her dad but now it wasn't weird for her to look at him as that father figure because he was actually her stepdad.

The LaRusso's took a picture, and even Anthony came down despite being grounded, then Vanessa told them all to take one big picture together. Maya just wanted to leave, she'd spent more than enough time with Sam.

~

"Hey, guys!" Maya exclaimed, seeing Hawk and Demetri in a corner by themselves. She hadn't seen them before, so she just danced with Moon and her other friends.

"Wow, Maya you look," Hawk started, looking her up and down, "amazing." Maya smiled, pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Thanks, you don't look too bad yourself." Hawk smiled and shook his head. "Why are you guys back here by yourselves? You're supposed to be having fun." Maya looked between them.

"Neither of us has dates, how are we supposed to have fun?" Demetri retorted, Maya rolled her eyes.

"I don't have a date and I'm having fun." Demetri's eyes went wide, glancing at Hawk.

"You don't have a date?" Hawk looked at the ground, he wanted to ask Maya out but he just couldn't. Maya was even more confident than she was before, and Hawk had lost all of his.

"Yeah, no one asked me out." Maya shrugged.

"That's gotta be a lie, there's no way!" Maya shrugged.

"Well, Hawk, if you wanna dance later, I'm free." Maya smiled, returning to her friends.

"I'm telling you, she likes you." Hawk shook his head.

"She's just being friendly, she feels bad for me." Demetri sighed and shook his head.

~

Maya was dancing for the longest time when a slow song came on. She smiled, immediately walking to Hawk. Maya hadn't even noticed that Robby and Tory were there, but Robby noticed Maya. He noticed Maya and Hawk. He noticed Sam and Miguel. Sam and Miguel noticed Robby and Tory, but Maya seemed oblivious to everything and everyone that wasn't Hawk.

"Hey, Hawk." Hawk perked up as Maya drew circles on the table.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Would you um, wanna do the slow dance with me?" Hawk felt his heart skip a beat. Maya was asking him to dance? Maybe Demetri wasn't wrong.

"Yeah, of course." Maya smiled, grabbing his hand and pulling him to the gym room floor. Maya wrapped her arms around Hawk's neck, and Hawk put his hands on Maya's waist after a moment of hesitation. "You know, you don't have to be nice to me because you feel bad." Maya furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head to the side.

"What? I'm being nice to you because your not an asshole anymore." Hawk smiled a bit, Maya liked him as a friend, and that was okay with him.

"Are you going to the after-party at Stingray's?" Maya hadn't heard about Stingray for a long time, sometimes she wondered how he was doing.

"If Miguel's going then I'm going." Hawk smiled as the two swayed side to side, soon after they all went to Stingrays.

Maya was exhausted, she wanted to go home and go to bed. She was starting to get tired a lot, and quickly too, the medication was starting to work less and less but they were trying to find a better medication for her. She laid her head on Hawk's shoulder as she sighed.

"I'm so tired." Hawk chuckled, Maya was practically half asleep next to him.

"I don't think Miguel's leaving any time soon." Maya groaned, lifting her head.

"I'm getting a drink, do you want anything?" Hawk shook his head, Maya walked towards the kitchen and poured herself some type of alcohol.

"Maya." Robby? What was he doing here? Robby had been waiting patiently for Maya to notice him, but he was done being patient now.

"I didn't know you were here." Maya sipped her drink, then crossed her arms.

"Yeah I know, you were all over Hawk." Maya clenched her jaw, if he hadn't have shaved Hawk's hair off then she might've been here with him.

"And?" Robby sighed, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Are you guys like, together?" Maya scoffed.

"No, but you shouldn't care because we're not together." Robby felt as if he'd been stabbed in the heart. Just weeks ago they'd been all over each other, how could Maya turn so bitter so quickly?

How could she? Because it was Hawk. It was her Hawk, who had previously been her Eli. One of her best friends. The guy that showed her she was worth more than she thought. Hawk had taught Maya so much, much more than just karate. Hawk was only Maya's second boyfriend, so that was her excuse for holding onto her feelings for him, but truly it was due to the fact that she'd loved him so deeply. That they loved each other so deeply.

"That doesn't mean I don't love you, Maya. You broke up with me, but that doesn't mean my feelings just disappear!" Maya gulped, she's buried her feelings for Robby long ago and it seemed as if they were simply dead now.

"Well, mine have." Maya walked away, going and sitting on the couch next to Hawk. She quickly gulped down her drink, although it burned her throat.

"Wow, slow down." Hawk laughed, taking Maya's cup.

"I wanna go home." Maya sighed, putting her face in her hands. Hawk could see the faded scars on her wrists that she tried to cover up with her bracelets, he looked back up at her.

"C'mon." Maya looked up as Hawk stood and held out his hand.

"What?"

"I'll take you home, you can text Miguel on the way." Maya stood and grabbed his hand. "This after-party sucks anyways." Maya giggled and followed Hawk back to his car.
________________________________
A/n: the All Valley's coming up🤭 but disasters gonna strike soon too😟
Word Count:1,394