S05:E07

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
It had only been a couple of weeks after Maya had gotten out of the hospital when she was invited to the pool with some of her friends. Kenny, Anthony, Tory, Robby, Eli, Sam, Demi, and Miguel. She was hesitant to accept, mostly because she had a scar a bit below her breast from her surgery and she didn't want people to stare.

Eli💜:no one's gonna stare at the scar Maya, they might stare elsewhere but not at the scar.

Maya:you don't know that for sure.

Eli💜:for one, I know people are going to stare at you because you're the most beautiful person that ever lived
Eli💜:and for two, if someone does stare then just tell me and I'll deal with them.

Maya:okay, I'll go

Eli💜:good, cause I was gonna badger you about it until you said yes anyways

Maya:lol, I love you sm

Eli💜:I love you too🫶🏼

Maya chose a yellow bikini, pulling on jean shorts and a white cover-up top that she left opened. Miguel drove to the pool where they all had decided to meet up. Maya was hesitant to step out of the car, but she decided if she crossed her arms across her chest, then no one would be able to see the scar.

"Hey, guys!" Tory greeted, smiling up at them. Apparently Tory and Sam had resolved their rivalry, which was something that Maya never thought she'd see, but they still weren't really friends. Maya was just glad they could be civil.

"It's nice to see you again, Maya." Robby smiled, and Maya smiled back. Hawk couldn't help but feel the tiniest twinge of jealousy.

"It's nice to see too, Robby." Maya smiled, sitting in a chair next to him, Hawk sat down next to her.

"What have you all been up to?" Tory asked, glancing at Hawk.

"Nothing really, just hanging out." Tory noticed that Hawk already looked pissed. She sat her book down and leaned closer to Maya. Hawk watched as Tory whispered something to Maya, he tried to act as if he wasn't listening, but he couldn't hear anything anyways. The two girls pulled away from each other just as Anthony and Kenny ran up to the group.

"Maya," They two huffed in unison.

"Yes, boys?" Maya chuckled, glad that the two were finally getting along, sort of feeling like their mom.

"We need your help." Kenny started, Maya furrowing her eyebrows.

"With what?"

"Girls." Maya raised an eyebrow, chuckling a bit and looking at Tory for help.

"I'm gonna need you to elaborate." Anthony sighed.

"There are these girls and we want to ask for their snaps but..." Maya and Tory glanced at each other, smiling.

"I'm telling you this right now, those girls won't give me their snaps if I ask for you. You'll just have to work up the courage to ask them yourselves." Kenny groaned. "It can't hurt to try, the worst thing that could happen is you got to school and see them and that's not even that bad." The boys sighed, looking at each other before walking away together.

"Maya," Maya turned her head to Eli, "stop." Maya furrowed her eyebrows, confused. "Unfold your arms," Eli whispered, Maya felt heat rise to her cheeks as she unfolded them, hoping that no one would stare.

Luckily, no one did, not even anyone that Maya was with. They didn't even seem to notice it. Miguel, Eli, Sam, and Maya all went to the Diaz household later that night. Sam and Miguel stayed in Miguel's room and Eli and Maya stayed in Maya's room.

"Eli, can I ask you a question?" Maya asked as the two were watching some movie that Eli had chosen.

"Sure." He said, clicking pause on the movie.

"Are you...jealous of Robby?" Hawk felt himself freeze, Maya moved her head to look up at him as her head stayed on his chest.

"No." Maya knew he wasn't telling the truth, but she didn't want Eli to think she was accusing him of lying.

"Good, because I love you, not him, so there'd be no reason for you to be jealous of him." Hawk felt a cheeky smile appear on his face as he unpaused the movie. He pressed a kiss to Maya's head, she was all his once again.
________________________________
Word Count:731