S02:E06

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Maya walked quickly to the changing room, changing out of her gi and back into her casual clothes. Before she left, she went to Johnny's office, waiting for him to get off his phone call.

"You're not going to Miyagi Do, are you Little Diaz?" Maya shook her head.

"No, it's just, I'm not so sure about karate anymore. I mean, I like learning and I'm a lot better at it than I was before but I don't know if I wanna do it anymore." Johnny slipped his phone into his pocket, crossing his arms.

"Does this have anything to do with LaRusso?" Johnny asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No!" Johnny looked at Maya as if he knew she was lying. "Sort of, but it's not all about that." Maya thought about Eli, but he wasn't even really Eli anymore. Of course, she still loved him, but she missed Eli. She missed the 'Hawk' that was still partly Eli. It was like she didn't even know him anymore.

"But your still a Cobra? You're not gonna join LaRusso's pussy dojo?" Maya started to smile, and Johnny did as well.

"No, I'll always be a Cobra." Johnny smiled, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Then just come back when your ready, Little Diaz." Maya smiled and nodded, going back into the main room where, the Cobra's who were left, talked quietly to each other.

"Maya, where are you going?" Miguel asked, seeing Maya out of her gi.

"Home." Maya pulled her bag up from the ground, Miguel wondering what was wrong with her. She was acting weird, something was off with her.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Maya sighed, walking out of the dojo.

~

Maya stood outside of Miyagi Do. What was she doing here? Daniel would surely turn her away when she offered to help clean up. He didn't like her, and she didn't blame him. As Maya walked through a small room, she saw a group of old Cobra's. They all turned to look at her, but Maya stared at Daniel.

"Maya?" Robby muttered, he hadn't gotten to make sure she was okay at the mall, she ran before she answered him.

"Maya Diaz." Daniel smiled, Maya nodded. "Are you here to learn Miyagi Do karate?" Maya took a deep breath.

"No, I just wanted to help clean up. I-I feel bad, you didn't deserve to get your dojo trashed." Maya glanced from Daniel to the ground, she felt like everyone was staring at her, and not in a good way.

"I wouldn't let her Mr. LaRusso, she will always be a Cobra." Maya looked up as Demetri spoke.

"I only joined so I could defend myself. Miyagi Do wasn't around when I needed to learn." Maya retorted quickly.

"You were supposed to be my friend, Maya, you just let Hawk beat the shit out of me." Maya gulped.

"I didn't know he was gonna do that, if I did, I would've tried to talk him out of it." Demetri stared at her, his arms crossed. "I'm sorry, Demi." Maya watched his expression fall from angry to sympathetic, she didn't know why. But when Demetri thought about Maya and Hawk, he was reminded of how he had dared Hawk to kiss her. How their whole relationship could just be a dare to prove him wrong, and that made Demetri feel bad for Maya more than anything. "I'll do anything to help, I really am sorry Mr. LaRusso." Daniel grinned.

"You don't have to apologize, Maya, I'm sure you're not the one who did this." Maya nodded. "You can help Robby, Sam, and Demetri with that rock over there." Maya nodded again, setting her bag down.

Daniel LaRusso worked them hard. Having them pot and plant different plants that Maya didn't know the names of, pick up ginormous rocks, and pick up trash. Maya didn't complain, she wanted to help.

"How can we be sure that you didn't do this?" Sam asked for the millionth time that day, Maya had been trying to ignore her so she wouldn't start a fight.

"What beef do I have with Miyagi Do?" Maya asked, whipping her head away from the plant.

"Well...nothing really, but Miguel does." Maya clenched her jaw.

"Just because Miguel doesn't like something or someone, doesn't mean I do too." Sam cocked her head to the side.

"You don't like me." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Miguel does, case and point." Maya spat, Sam, scoffing.

"I don't think Maya did this, she doesn't do everything Miguel does." Robby grinned, Maya nodding. Maya heard a grunt and the sound of someone falling which made her look up. Chris had pushed Demetri, Maya quickly stood as Robby and Sam ran to Demetri's rescue. It caused quite a commotion, but Daniel pulled them all inside to tell them some life story about how he'd once been a Cobra.

"I learned to strike first, strike hard, show no mercy. And it turned me into an angry and violent kid. It changed me." Maya thought about Miguel and Eli. How everything seemed to be changing and changing so quickly that it made Maya's head spin.

She never thought she'd miss her boyfriend or her brother, but she did. She missed them a lot. She didn't realize how good they were until they were no longer good. She just prayed they'd come to their senses, that nothing bad would happen.

"Maya," She looked up, everyone around her was staring again. "Are you okay?" Daniel asked she looked like she was thinking hard but it was making her eyes well up with tears. Maya hadn't noticed, but she quickly rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, I'm alright."

Maya didn't go to karate the next day either,
she was sulking in her room. She told herself that she'd go the next day, and she knew she would. She was sure Johnny would be back, and she couldn't let him down by no longer being there.

She hadn't spoken to Eli or Miguel. She hadn't really spoken to anyone, and she didn't want to. Eli was worried, and so was Miguel. Miguel and Eli texted each other wondering what they could do to help, they hadn't come up with anything.
________________________________
A/n: school starts again tomorrow (although we might have a snow day) so I don't know how many chapters I'll be posting this week but I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyways🫶🏼
Word Count:1,076