S04:E02

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Therapy. Maya couldn't believe it. Her mom was taking her to see a therapist, her mom was trying to see if she could find a diagnosis for Maya but the therapist said she'd need to talk to Maya first and more than once.

Maya sat in the car, through the whole ride her arms stayed crossed, trying to show as much hatred as she could. Miguel sat in the backseat, he was going to Hawk's house. Maya would rather go there and talk to Hawk's mom again than go to therapy.

When they finally arrived, Maya's mom and Miguel followed her inside. The place smelled like a doctor's office, like hand sanitizer and sickness, it looked like a doctor's office, with people sitting miserably in uncomfortable waiting room chairs, and you had to check in like a doctor's office. Maya didn't even tell her Mom goodbye, she just followed some tall blonde lady to a room. Maya sat in a chair, it was more comfortable than the ones outside, the lady sat in front of her.

"Maya, my name is Ms. Meghan, we don't have to talk about anything specific to-"

"Nothing's wrong with me, I don't need to be here." An uncomfortable silence fell, she could tell Ms. Meghan wanted her to say more.

"Your right, nothing's wrong with you, who told you something was wrong with you?" Maya hated how the lady twisted her words as if everything Maya said had some deeper meaning.

"No one, really..." Maya muttered, twisting her shirt with her fingers.

"Your mom tells me that you've been acting different, she thinks something's happening that you're not saying." Maya shrugged, all of a sudden she wanted to tell this lady everything. Everything she'd held down for years. She held her emotions in a large glass bottle for years, if someone looked hard enough they could see how much she hurt, but today the bottle seemed like it was about to burst open. Maya felt a knot form in her throat, could she even push words through it?

"My mom is an over-thinker." Maya chuckled, she wasn't lying.

"Most moms are, but from what I've seen in about ten minutes, she seems to be right." Maya gulped, was she really that readable?

"This guy, Isaac, raped me a couple of months ago, at a party." Maya felt the knot tie itself tighter. "I'm in this karate group, and Isaac was in the opposing group so that was his excuse for it. When we went back to school only three days later, there was a whole karate fight where Isaac tried to fight me, my brother ended up being kicked off a flight of stairs. I had to be there for my mom and I'd just broken up with my boyfriend who I loved, my brother was in a coma, and then I figured out I had cancer but I haven't told anyone because I don't want anyone to worry about me." By this time, Maya was crying.

She remembered what it was like to feel Isaacs's hands on her body. She remembered wanting to throw up, to peel her skin off, and throw it away. She remembered crying and missing Miguel. She remembered missing Hawk. She always knew what it felt like to miss someone else, but was it possible to miss yourself? An old version of yourself you wished you could be again.

"I used to be so sweet, I wouldn't hurt anyone, but I just toughened up so I wouldn't get hurt again. But I miss being old Maya, I hate this new Maya but it's so much harder to go back to her than be this Maya." Ms. Meghan nodded, writing notes on her tiny notepad.

"Tell me more, Maya."

~

Maya:yeah, I guess it felt nice to get most of it out.

Robby❤️:I told you it would.
Robby❤️:I'm proud of you, Maya <3

Maya:thanks, Robby <3
________________________________
A/n: I'm sorry for such a short chapter, this episode was more about Johnny & Daniel training each other and Kenny and Anthony. So, this is my own (very short) episode. I hope you still enjoyed :)
Word Count:701