S02:E05

•~3rd person P.O.V~•
Eli repeated over and over that it was a surprise. She didn't know where he was taking her or why, but she quickly recognized the tattoo shop where Eli got his eagle tattoo at. Maya was told to sit in a seating area where she couldn't see the chair where he sat to get his tattoo done.

When Eli finally came out, his hair was red and the mohawk on the eagle was red as well. Hawk knew about Maya's love for astrology and the sky, he even researched it before he and Maya had gotten together so he'd have something to talk to her about. There was a tattoo on his chest, a moon drawn on it with an 'm' written in the middle.

"Is that for me?" Maya smiled slowly, looking up at him.

"I have something else too." Eli reached inside his bag, pulling out a necklace with a silver moon pendant, and on the edge was a pink heart. "You can wear it under your shirt so Miguel doesn't think anything of it." Maya smiled as Eli draped the necklace across her chest and clasped it on.

"Thank you, Eli, I love it." Maya turned around and kissed him, Eli threw his arm around her and walked out of the tattoo parlor.

~

Karate practice that day wasn't hard. They watched Sensei Kreese and Sensei Lawrence fight, giving them a fighting lesson and a life lesson. "Go all in", they had said. A lot of things Johnny said weren't intended to be inspirational, but they were.

"You don't apologize for hitting someone who asked for it."

"Flip the script."

"Go all in."

Almost all of the things Johnny said stuck with Maya in some sort of way. Johnny wasn't just a Sensei to Miguel or Maya but more of a father. Maya and Miguel didn't know their father, although sometimes their Ya-Ya would say they acted or looked like him, and they didn't even know what that meant.

After practice, they all went out to eat, at the same restaurant where they had their victory dinner. Miguel was still sulking over Sam. Aisha, Moon, Tory, and Maya all sat at the same table. Eli came with them, with a couple of the new recruits that were sort of his friends. Aisha and Moon were talking about Yasmine when Maya got a text.

Eli🤍:C'mere

Maya:what's wrong?

Eli🤍:Just c'mere, pls.

Aisha looked confused as Maya stood, sliding her phone into her back pocket. Maya didn't explain, she just went to the table where she knew that Eli was. She slid into the seat next to him, the two new recruits Eli started hanging out with, in front of them.

"What's up, Little Diaz." One of the boys smirked, Eli quickly glaring at him.

"Shut up, Penis Breath." Maya put her hand on his knee, and Eli quickly looked at Maya. "Show her the comment." The boy gave her his phone, it was a comment about Cobra Kai.

"Who made this comment?" Maya asked, looking at Eli.

"Demi," Hawk said in quotation marks. Maya looked back at the phone and the comment showing on the screen. The vocabulary sounded like Demi, and the comment sounded so official but it didn't seem like something Demi would do.

"Demi wouldn't do something like this." Maya shook her head, handing the phone to Eli until he shoved it back in her hand.

"It's his profile." Maya saw Demi's face as his profile picture and his username as DMan2002. Maya could see that Eli was pissed, just by the look on his face and the way he spoke.

"Why would he say something like that? He doesn't have any reason not to like Cobra Kai, besides Sensei throwing him to the ground a couple of months ago." Hawk shook his head, he thought Demetri would've told her what happened between him and Kreese.